Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HE is the best in the world last years. Why he started great by getting to USopen final in 2007, winning AO 2008 as 20y old and then stopped till 2011, same with 2012-2014 he only won 1 slam per year yet he was most consistent getting to finals/sf.

Where he would be if he didnt have those black years and 1gs/y years ?
I think he could be in 20+ by now probably, he still have time to get there if he stay on this level but Will be harder now that he wasted soo much time and oportunities.

Im not Djokovic fan btw, i love him and wannt him the best, yet i hope more players start doing something cause is getting borring, every tournament you know he Will be in final and most probably winner.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Slam count would have been:

Federer 15
Djokovic 14
Nadal 11

And that is the how the proper, unbiased, just and correct count that reflect the real tennis skill, greatness and a place in history should look like at the moment.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I think we can transform the question to this one: Where would Djokovic be without 2 fluke years like 2011 and 2015? I think he'd have max 7 slams in his whole career, he's an equivalent to Wilander basically.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Novak just didnt realise that he is the Chosen one of this generation, he is "the Player".

IMO, The Slam count should be like what Chico said

Novak 12-15. Worst ones are FO 13,15,12 USO 12,14 in that Order.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Very unfortunate title. One might have an impression you just said that Djokovic is a man of two seasons.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Why are threads like this even existing? I can ask as a wawrinka fan where would stan s slam count and masters count be if he continously peaked at every masters or slam in atleast 2 years ? Yet it sounds stupid...because it is stupid .....there are no black outs ...djoko just got whooped when he lost those slams by better players on that day....mature people think about things that happened that they saw with they re own eyes not in what if s and such non sense things

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Slam count would have been:

Federer 15
Djokovic 14
Nadal 11

And that is the how the proper, unbiased, just and correct count that reflect the real tennis skill, greatness and a place in history should look like at the moment.
I think your calculations are wrong. I have No1e on 28, Federer on 13 and Nadal on 4.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I think your calculations are wrong. I have No1e on 28, Federer on 13 and Nadal on 4.
No. You are trolling, while my calculations are accurate and quite right.

·
Registered
22,062 Posts
This is an incredibly ridiculous thread. How can 2012-2014 be considered black years ffs, winning 3 slams in that period is actually pretty good. And you must realize it's very hard to maintain the level Djokovic showed in 2011 continuously.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Great topic , well said :)

I'm sure by now it would've been 14-15 , and I can draft a serious scientific explanation to this but I'm way toooo lazyyyyyy

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
If Djokovic played every season like 2011 or 2015 he'd obviously be at 20+.

If Borg played AO, won some of his finals at USO and didnt retire at 26 he'd be at 20+

The keyword is "if". Djokovic will be one of those players that had potential to go after the slam record, but for different reasons ended up somewhere 10-14 (estimation). Unless he has a time machine all focus should be put on winning at least 1 RG instead

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
What's wrong with you fedtards? would, should, could are the only words that you know how to make threads of these days:eek:
Novak is fine with that who he is as a player .
Your'e begging for him to fail for the sake of the game, blah, blah..what else is new?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
maxpowe you have any better idea of what to do on a lazy hot summer day???

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
He would have around 13-14 slams by now. Federer surely 2 less, Nadal 2-3 less.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The blackout is due to his game not strong enough.

He lack a quality serve and power shot.

Nadal has stacked defence and Fed has stacked offense. Their special forehand reset and control any rally for fun.

Djokovic is somewhere in between. His defense can be attacked when he is not having a good hitting day.

If he play good in these years he had surpassed Fed but with holes in the game is not possible.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts