Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new racket has not improved and seems to have hurt his forehand wing.. .theres no longer and pop or bite to it for hitting winners... i dont think he can hurt djokovic without that wing...

how is it possible that a newer bigger racket would make him have less pop on that side but improved everything else..

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
That's the problem. Many people thought it was due to the racket.
To beat Djokovic his serve is more important than forehand. To beat Murray it's just the contrary.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
It's fine (fine = good enough to win if the rest of his game is decent and serve is hitting), hasn't changed too much since 2008/2010. He lacked power post-2007 but compensates with timing and angles. His running forehand is trash, though.

·
12,691 Posts
His footwork/movement declined over the years so his FH declined too. Still top 3 FH though. It's more than fine. Not sure with the OP is smoking.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If he keeps his level, Djokovic is losing as well. Nowadays watching Djokovic move is choking, no more clean hitting compared to 2012 where 80% of his 2011 level was still there.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's definitely lost some pop since Brisbane/AO, not sure why. Presumably some minor tweaks. The improvement in the backhand is so huge that it's worth it tho.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Novak on grass is a tennis-playing crash test dummy cruising towards a big wreck. Go ahead and slot Dimitrov into the final.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
It's definitely lost some pop since Brisbane/AO, not sure why. Presumably some minor tweaks. The improvement in the backhand is so huge that it's worth it tho.
Players have not adjust and try to hit at his BH will get punished more.

The tactic is to return deep and change to his forehand wing. His forehand need not be as sharp like the past.

·
Banned
109 Posts
if Federer doesn't win this Wimbledon, it will hurt him more than most losses I suspect :eek:
his chances are a lot lower at US Open/Australia where Nadal will be there at the end.
He's been talking about peaking for this year's Wimbledon, for a while now :p and the draw worked out ideally for him.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The new racket has not improved and seems to have hurt his forehand wing.. .theres no longer and pop or bite to it for hitting winners... i dont think he can hurt djokovic without that wing...

how is it possible that a newer bigger racket would make him have less pop on that side but improved everything else..
No matter what.... Federer is going to win against Raonic with the score 6-0, 6-0, 6-0.
Raonic is not capable of bringing happiness to Canada.
He is going to triple bagle the opponent in the finals too. The finalist will take temporary retirement as federer will crush him.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
his forehand has worsened over the years, but it has nothing to do with the raquet, or with age for that matter. In my opinion he has started hitting with more and more spin to be able to play safer shots and hang in rallies longer. Ironically I think this has caused him to actually hit more errors than before, because taking the ball on the rise is harder with a more extreme grip.

The pace he used to have on his fh is long gone.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
it will be interesting, because even with his slam-winning forehand, he needed a final set tie-breaker to beat Raonic on grass in 2012 :eek:
if Federer doesn't win this Wimbledon, it will hurt him more than most losses I suspect :eek:
his chances are a lot lower at US Open/Australia where Nadal will be there at the end.
He's been talking about peaking for this year's Wimbledon, for a while now :p and the draw worked out ideally for him.
MULTIPLEACCOUNTRECORD :wavey:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Ya agree 100%

His FH power is all gone.. He ain't winning a slam with such weak FH ..

With this game his best chance is reaching the final ... That's it !!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
it will be a crazy situation if a guy named "BABY FED" beats Federer in the final :silly:
If federer makes the final .. Only djoker can defeat him at the best.. That too in 4 or 5 sets !!

If it's dimitrov.. Federer will close it out in 3 ... I don't see dimitrov having any chance to beat federer !!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I saw that forehand today in the market, there it was bouncing around. I asked what the hell do you do here in Finland and he said (scared voice) I'm hiding from Nadal, so i said but Nadal is all gone now, so no reason to be hiding anymore. He took a nearest taxi and speeded away (most likely destination airport)

·
Banned
109 Posts
I saw that forehand today in the market, there it was bouncing around. I asked what the hell do you do here in Finland and he said (scared voice) I'm hiding from Nadal, so i said but Nadal is all gone now, so no reason to be hiding anymore. He took a nearest taxi and speeded away (most likely destination airport)
i agree, well said :yeah:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I still remember back in 2004/2005 every ball on his forehand wing is vaporized. I don't see it anymore. :'( I think he still win against Raonic, though in straights.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts