• Even later! (sure)

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Djokovic takes care of Murray, as he should, they'll already have 3 in a row. And I don't see anyone stopping them soon in the slams, we could very well see this final in every slam this year.

My thoughts is they will make it to 6 slam finals in a row, the streak will stop at the AO '13, and these two will give a new meaning to total domination that we've grown accustomed to with Fedal.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Sonja1989

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I hope they will meet in Roland Garros final ! Then it will be very interesting ...

·
Banned
163 Posts
Hopefully Murray can get it done in the semi, for Rafa's sake

Reactions: Topspindoctor

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
It's good to see nadaltards so scared :)

·
Banned
703 Posts
When will we see a non Nadal/Djokovic grand slam final?

As long as these two are healthy and fit (which is more often than not) - they seem to be a lock for the final of every slam they enter.

When (and what tournament) do you think will be the next time someone outside the Big 2 will reach a slam final? And who will upset the status-quo?

On a side note, do you actually want to see someone other than Nadal and Djokovic in the finals? I don't. It's a fascinating study of psychology when these two go at it - may they duke it out in every grand slam final ever until one of them retires!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Re: When will we see a non Nadal/Djokovic grand slam final?

Wimbledon if Murray and Djokovic meet at the semi final stage. Murray was a millimetre away from defeating Djokovic on plexicushion. Don't be surprised to see another Nadal/Murray semi affair at SW19 though. The corrupt mugs at the All England Club will see to that.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

I misread the poll at first as when will the first slam final be that has neither of these two in it. I don't think that they will be the two finalists at every slam this year, so the first choice is the only reasonable one.

I wouldn't call them a lock, by the way. Berdych, for example, had major inroads against Nadal, but he choked on the big points. That situation could potentially change in the future. Djokovic occasionally has mediocre or lousy days at the office, and a very good Murray or Federer could take him out easily on such a day.

Etc.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts

I misread the poll at first as when will the first slam final be that has neither of these two in it. I don't think that they will be the two finalists at every slam this year, so the first choice is the only reasonable one.

I wouldn't call them a lock, by the way. Berdych, for example, had major inroads against Nadal, but he choked on the big points. That situation could potentially change in the future. Djokovic occasionally has mediocre or lousy days at the office, and a very good Murray or Federer could take him out easily on such a day.

Etc.
Should have happened yesterday :mad:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

had haas beat nadal we would be watching nole vs fed finals.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

Nadal/Nole will probably happen again at RG, but that's it. 2016? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

Should have happened yesterday :mad:
Agreed. Nole not looking nearly as sharp as he did last year, but that champion's confidence paid off in some of the really key moments, with a bit of assistance from Murray's considerable lack of the same.

·
Banned
163 Posts

Paris,
Nadal vs someone not named Novak Djokovic

·
Banned
912 Posts

U.S. Open, Nadal may not make it

obviously the French, Wimbledon, and Olympics are foregone conclusions for Djokovic vs. Nadal

1 - 20 of 123 Posts