Mens Tennis Forums banner

When will Novak lose his #1 ranking (even for a week)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
If he can avoid the off years the other top players have had since 2013, he has a solid chance to stay #1 for a while, but who knows what will happen to him in 2016 or the future? He'll turn 29 next year. The future is not set.
There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

·
Registered
17,471 Posts
The Serbinator to rule at least till 2017 Q3 safely.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
The period from FO to end of Wimbledon is crucial every year. That's when the biggest shifts pointwise can happen in the shortest amount of time. It's not the same with AO and USO because there are masters tournaments short after where players can compensate for lost points. As for Novak, he needs to win as many points as he can till year end so that it becomes much harder for others to usurp no.1 in the first half of 2016, especially around FO and Wimb.

I think he will stay no.1 until FO 2018 (barring injury). If he does manage to do so he will have surpassed Fed's number of weeks.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Not too long ago when Mugrinka beat Faker at RG, the talk of the town was that the latter would have yet another one of his famous 1 slam year.

Now suddenly he wins Wimbledon, he'l be #1 forever?

People ask me monfed will Nole have another 1 slam year? I was scared I would get beaten up by the strong fakervic tards so I said no not at all he'll win more. Shame it has come to fruition. :facepalm:

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Hopefully it will Not happen, but Novak could get injured and lose a lot or ranking points, thus his ranking. Otherwise I think he will be #1 for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Things happen quickly in tennis.
We just don't know. We don't wish ill things to happen to players but nevertheless they happen.

Federer was #1 in mid-late 2012, winning 6 titles that year, then Djokovic took it back at year's end.
Federer in 2013 was a shadow of himself with some back troubles and won only a single title and finished 2013 at #6, while Nadal rose and won almost everything in sight other than Wimbledon and ended 2013 at #1.

Rafa stayed at #2 into 2014, but after Roland Garros that year, had various physical problems and has done little since and has dropped to #10 in 2015. Meanwhile Federer came back in 2014 and made 11 finals winning 5 to be a solid contender for #1 at the end of the year, finishing a solid #2.

Andy Murray won Wimbledon in 2013 but then had back surgery in the early fall and wasn't right for at least a year, only coming back close to his best form this year. He hasn't been able to beat the top 2 lately, but he's been consistent and the best of the rest.

In the meantime, since 2011, Novak Djokovic has been very solid, stayed mostly at #1 or #2, and has won almost everything this year except Roland Garros.

If he can avoid the off years the other top players have had since 2013, he has a solid chance to stay #1 for a while, but who knows what will happen to him in 2016 or the future? He'll turn 29 next year. The future is not set.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Good post there. Its not set at all.

One thing for sure Federer and Nadal when at number 1 looks more unbeatable than him.

Nadal had always mysteriously disappear after a year of number 1.

·
Registered
17,471 Posts
One thing for sure Federer and Nadal when at number 1 looks more unbeatable than him.

Nadal had always mysteriously disappear after a year of number 1.
Federer had done so as well after he became last time #1. :superlol:
You remember 2013? Losing to Stakhovsky on grass and Robredo on hard? :wavey:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Federer had done so as well after he became last time #1. :superlol:
You remember 2013? Losing to Stakhovsky on grass and Robredo on hard? :wavey:
32 years Federer, get real lol.

Djokovic should be ashamed his no.1 get stolen by grandpa with 1 bagel on icing of cake.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
How long is he pretty much guaranteed to hold on to it for?
Pretty much until Paris.

Assuming Djokovic doesn't play another match until Paris, he will lose 1400 points:
90 (Canada R16) + 90 (Cincy R16) + 720 (USO SF) + 500 (Beijing) => 13845 - 1400 = 12445

Federer can gain 1680 points assuming he wins everything until Paris:
400 (Canada) + 0 (Cincy) + 1280 (USO) + 0 (Basel) => 1680 + 9665 = 11345

Murray can gain 4010 points assuming he wins everything until Paris:
320 (Washington) + 820 (Canada) + 820 (Cincy) + 1640 (USO) + 410 (Beijing) => 4010 + 7840 = 11850

The flip side is he can guarantee YE #1 with a decent showing in the American HC swing

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
When he starts playing like in 2009.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I don't see why Novak and Andy can't be the top two for the next 3-4 years, the Dimitrov generation are utterly useless and Kyrgios looks like he wants to be Tomic 2.0.

Djokovic is too consistent at the masters for anyone to dethrone him barring an injury.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Murray being #1 :superlol: Not happening

I think Novak can keep his #1 ranking until start of 2017

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Not too long ago when Mugrinka beat Faker at RG, the talk of the town was that the latter would have yet another one of his famous 1 slam year.

Now suddenly he wins Wimbledon, he'l be #1 forever?

People ask me monfed will Nole have another 1 slam year? I was scared I would get beaten up by the strong fakervic tards so I said no not at all he'll win more. Shame it has come to fruition. :facepalm:
Nobody is saying he will be #1 forever calm your tit. Novak has been #1 for over a year now, it's a legit question when he's going to lose it considering his lead in the rankings. The OP is not even a Novak fan

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
32 years Federer, get real lol.

Djokovic should be ashamed his no.1 get stolen by grandpa with 1 bagel on icing of cake.
Something to actually be ashamed of is losing to baby nadal every year while at your peak. 10-23. :superlol:

I don't see why Novak and Andy can't be the top two for the next 3-4 years, the Dimitrov generation are utterly useless and Kyrgios looks like he wants to be Tomic 2.0.

Djokovic is too consistent for anyone to dethrone him barring an injury.
Fixed that for you. You're welcome.;)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Grigor has dumped Sharapova.

Grigor has also thrown away that fitness trainer.

Grigor has also seen practising past Tennis legend.

Fully Enjoy your remaining weeks No1e because those are few.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts