Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Fred Perry's not that bad, but it's so dull and there are so many better sponsors out there, such as Nike and Adidas. Now Murray's back at the top and in the world's eye again he should really sort out his image. What do you think?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well fred perrys a big designer brand in the UK. its not like a nike or addidas its a designer wear. fred perry does alot of shirts and smart wear as well as sports wear. i guess he has a big contract with them as fred perry would consider him to appeal to its market, mid 30's men that play tennis as a hobby and watch it bit on t.v. i guess tennis is still middle class in britain as is fred perry's clothes.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Fred Perry > Adidas & Nike

the brand itself might not be so popular, but their clothing is better

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like Fred PErry and I think he should stick with that. If he wanted to change it up some style wise I'm sure he could put pressure on the brand to make something more to his liking.....if he wanted that.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
He looked cool today and if Fred Perry gives me some 80000$ contract I would wear whatever they give me, including short skirt.
:)

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
I know Fred Perry's not that bad, but it's so dull and there are so many better sponsors out there, such as Nike and Adidas. Now Murray's back at the top and in the world's eye again he should really sort out his image. What do you think?
I think that not everyone needs to wear Nike and Adidas. THAT would be boring. In fact that already IS boring. :p And there's nothing wrong with Fred Perry's. :D

But yes I'd rahter ask when will Murray get a haircut, hopefully before the AO.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
When he starts taking care of himself :tape:. That hair and adolecent facial hair he's got going on makes him look nasty.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Muzza is not a money Ho like Roddick

Rrrainer said:
it's as grey as an rainy autumn afternoon und as exciting as my granddad's old dog.
Maybe the old dog is dying of boredom because it's in your presence ;)

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
How do you know its not, clown?
and i bet he isnt paid much for that

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
haha, so defensive.

I was wrong anyway. Highland Spring is in fact his favourite drink nowadays:

When the teenager widely touted as Britain's best sporting hope steps on to a tennis court in Doha next week, few people are likely to notice the four inch (10cm)-square patch on his left shoulder. However, the tiny advert will ensure the young tennis star Andy Murray begins 2007 with a record-breaking appearance before he has even swung his racquet.

In a deal announced yesterday with Highland Spring, the 19-year-old has agreed to display the bottled water company's logo on his shirt sleeve and, when possible, drink its water.

In return Murray will receive more than £1m in the most lucrative pounds-per-inch advertising deal in tennis history. His agent, Patricio Apey, said the contract was part of a long-term plan for the player that could see him net more than £80m.
isn't paid much indeed.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
That is a good sponsor cos its Highland - so doing Scotland proud as always, 1m quid is nothing compared to some of the Ho's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts