Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cuz it seems like he will keep playing like forever. He's already well into his 30s.

What do you think?

will he retire at end of this year? next year? 2 years from now? 3 years? 5 years?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
When he is out of top 1000 and has to qualify for futures.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
next year i think. this year i think he will play all the season

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
When a few more huge, big-serving giants join the tour and he feels too small and inadequate physically to complete. It's getting close to that point, but power to him, he keeps fighting.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
When he stops being good enough to play on the ATP tour. Simple as possible. While he's able to reach even random good results, even if it's in 250 events, he'll continue to play, IMO.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Still Oz no1! Of course that's likely to change soon with improving form of some Matosevic, Groth et al, and more particularly once Kyrgios plays enough matches to get his ranking more closely aligned to his demonstrated ability (current ranking based on 13 matches compared to Hewitt's 20; tougher in the main tour than challenger of course, but...).

Still, Hewitt seems to be trying (and succeeding with entry to Newport finals after a few spectacular false starts) to build up his doubles ranking again, so even if he stops playing singles much, I don't see him retiring together any time soon (barring injury).

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Probably when he doesn't enjoy it anymore or he can't physically play (another injury). He's still a good player considering all his injury problems for the better part of the last decade.

·
10,277 Posts
When his Lion Heart dies out.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
2016 Oz.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Depends on his form, fitness and Davis Cup for the rest of this season. If it doesn't go too well it could well be AO 2015. It certainly felt like he was saying goodbye to Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts