Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think on clay was recently on Monte Carlo against Djokovic... but that last time besides that was against Fed at 2005 FO Semi? :eek::eek::eek: It would be exactly 10 years to the day on Nadal's 19th birthday...

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Probably never ... but that doesn't mean anything either if Nole does not perform. Oddmakers are not always right anyway

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
He was an underdog last year right after semifinals: 2.1 - 1.7 by Novak but then bets were changed.
It had a sense because Novak looked awful against Gulbis while Nadull demolished Murray

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I wouldn't say that he was the underdog against Federer in 2005. Prior to RG, he won Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome.
Nah, I remember Fed being the 1st favourite for the title prior to the tournament, he won the last Masters Series in Hamburg just before the FO (Nadal didn't play) and he was already the dominant #1, Nadal was still a question mark if he can prolong his form to his 1st GS title (but he was the 2nd favorite right after Fed).

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
I wouldn't say that he was the underdog against Federer in 2005. Prior to RG, he won Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome.
Well, the question was simply bookie's underdog. And Fed was bookie favourite, misguided or not, with @1,7 to @2,33.

So it's correct as given earlier, always fave between RG 2005 and MC 2015.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts