Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
the more impressive is it was against hewitt, i remember one wide ace at 210 kph, and then some people say he has not a big serve :tape

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Fed's been looking at some Sampras tapes while playing this years Wimbly, I think. :angel:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
he must respect hewitt's good returns, so he concentrates on getting as many good serves in as possible, i guess.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Amazing he has never passed 30 aces in a match. But he is a master of tactics - serves stronger only when the opponent is a good returner :shrug:

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Master of tactics? I dont think so.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Amazing he has never passed 30 aces in a match. But he is a master of tactics - serves stronger only when the opponent is a good returner :shrug:
Well I think the relevant number is the max he has done in a set. (30 in 3 sets is already a very high rate, although 30 in 5 is pretty good too)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Well I think the relevant number is the max he has done in a set. (30 in 3 sets is already a very high rate, although 30 in 5 is pretty good too)
Federer has played many 4-setters and 5-setters so it's surprising he isn't a member of "club 30" considering his skills to serve more than 10 in a single set, what's funnier in a non-tie-break set.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
He just keeps on getting better.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Federer has played many 4-setters and 5-setters so it's surprising he isn't a member of "club 30" considering his skills to serve more than 10 in a single set, what's funnier in a non-tie-break set.
That is an elite club for sure, and barring Pete and Roddick I cannot imagine there are many other No. 1s in there.

Of course, it only makes it more impressive that without serving so many aces he still wins 97% of his matches. Just emphasises his all round skills that much more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts