Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this motovate him to get a hardcourt coach?

If not, then what will?

BTW, I'm saying when and not if because the way he's playing right now it's only a matter of time.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Will this motovate him to get a hardcourt coach?

If not, then what will?

BTW, I'm saying when and not if because the way he's playing right now it's only a matter of time.

to hell with the coach. why not just stay on the damn court and practice serves and return of serves all day.

the moron spent 3 hours on the golf course yesterday. i would have hit the practice courts instead and worked out 3 times with special emphasis on serving and returning.

he will not just drop to #3 this year but further drops are coming next year. he has to decide how bad he wants it. this is just a joke at this point. club players can return better than him. and that slice is beyond hopeless.

he has absolutely no clue how to return the serve.

·
Your visions will happen
51,463 Posts
to hell with the coach. why not just stay on the damn court and practice serves and return of serves all day.

the moron spent 3 hours on the golf course yesterday. i would have hit the practice courts instead and worked out 3 times with special emphasis on serving and returning.

he will not just drop to #3 this year but further drops are coming next year. he has to decide how bad he wants it. this is just a joke at this point. club players can return better than him. and that slice is beyond hopeless.

he has absolutely no clue how to return the serve.
And yet he was able to break the Tsonga serve 4 times :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Nadal is perfect, he doesn't need to practice anything. Why he beat James Flake.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nadal doesn't need a hard court coach. He just needs to decide to play aggressively before the match starts-as he has done for a couple of matches here recently.

His ability on hard court is fine. It's his resolution that is sometimes lacking.

But, FYI, he is not losing the #2 ranking before Federer loses the #1 ranking. An awful lot of Djokovic's points came from this time last year, and I do not see him defending all of them...

Nadal, OTOH, is having a renaissance of sorts just when he needs it.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Nadal doesn't need a hard court coach. He just needs to decide to play aggressively before the match starts-as he has done for a couple of matches here recently.

His ability on hard court is fine. It's his resolution that is sometimes lacking.

But, FYI, he is not losing the #2 ranking before Federer loses the #1 ranking. An awful lot of Djokovic's points came from this time last year, and I do not see him defending all of them...

Nadal, OTOH, is having a renaissance of sorts just when he needs it.

drop to #3 is still coming. it is pretty easy to see of you just open your eyes. the task he faces in defending all those points is simply monumental. i dont see Nadal making the finals of Wimby again this year.

from here to july, he can lose points. the only direction is down. i hate that but its the truth.

·
Registered
810 Posts
drop to #3 is still coming. it is pretty easy to see of you just open your eyes. the task he faces in defending all those points is simply monumental. i dont see Nadal making the finals of Wimby again this year.

from here to july, he can lose points. the only direction is down. i hate that but its the truth.
stop pretending to be a Nadal fan...

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
You better chance your topic to "when Nadal catch Roger to be the No 1"

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
CD - don't you think Nadal has enough strength to defend all his points until Toronto?

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
CD - don't you think Nadal has enough strength to defend all his points until Toronto?
no. let me explain:

1. he will lose points here as the train ride is likely to end tomorrow.

2. he has to win in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Roland Garros, and Stuttgart. in addition, he has to make the finals of Hamburg and Wimby.

any informed person will tell you that this is almost too much. all the pressure in the world is on his shoulders. on the clay circuit alone, he has to win every single tournament and every single match. the only exception is Hamburg where he just has to make the finals. he could pull it off before but he has had some knee issues and foot issues. those issues continue to hound him. he is also faced with a task of making the finals at Wimby again.

its just too much for one person. nobody can keep pulling off this Herculean feat year after year in the face of increasing competition.

bottom line is that he will be #3 by the time we hit Toronto.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
no. let me explain:

2. he has to win in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Roland Garros, and Stuttgart. in addition, he has to make the finals of Hamburg and Wimby.

any informed person will tell you that this is almost too much. all the pressure in the world is on his shoulders. on the clay circuit alone, he has to win every single tournament and every single match. the only exception is Hamburg where he just has to make the finals. he could pull it off before but he has had some knee issues and foot issues. those issues continue to hound him. he is also faced with a task of making the finals at Wimby again.

its just too much for one person. nobody can keep pulling off this Herculean feat year after year in the face of increasing competition.

So I'm thinking the rankings after Wimby something like:

1. Federer ~7500 W(IW, Miami, Estoril, Roland Garros, Wimbly), F(Monte Carlo, Rome)
2. Djoko ~5500
3. Nadal ~5300

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Agree 100% with Clay Death:worship:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Mods, claydeath has more than one account here...it's pretty obvious...

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
So I'm thinking the rankings after Wimby something like:

1. Federer ~7500 W(IW, Miami, Estoril, Roland Garros, Wimbly), F(Monte Carlo, Rome)
2. Djoko ~5500
3. Nadal ~5300
now you got it. there is a reasonably high probability that the Djokovic will finish the year at #1. the only catch is that he has to rob Fed of his U.S. Open throne which he is going to.

he will then keep the magic going in the remaining masters series events once he has the U.S. Open title safely in his back pocket.

next year could be Nadal`s year. he will have to come back stronger and make his move. Madrid masters will go to clay so he will have some opportunities there. the bottom line is that he will have to improve his overall game if he wants to take the #1 spot for a little while.

meanwhile i dont see him being stopped by anybody in Rome and at Rland Garros for a while so he will keep collecting at least 1 slam a year for a while.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
no. let me explain:

I agree 100% with your opinion

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
I agree 100% with your opinion
thanks. i wish i was wrong but the damn writing is on the wall. its just too much for one person for what he has to try to achieve again.

with little or no improvement in his game and with increasing competition, its too tall of an order for us to expect him to win every single match and every single tournament on clay. we saw how badly he was spent in Hamburg last year.

in Rome, he was taken to hospital for exhaustion, dizziness, and some stomach problems. Johnny Mac saw him up cloes in Rome and reported that the looked spent out of his mind.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts