Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont care how much it will cost the FFT is putting on a roof in 2014 and AO and Wimby have one. Wake up and join the new century! :eek:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I think this tournament must be played underground.
In the New York Subway.

Oh yea.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
They ruined this tournament. Now we're going to get a lot of problems. It seems like all the guys are suppose to play today, including Djokovic, Federer etc.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I don't think they will as they'd have to reduce the size of the stadium and that means less seats which means less money. They'll never do that. It's all about the money.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
What about putting a roof on one of the smaller main courts and not Arthur Ashe?

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
I dont care how much it will cost the FFT is putting on a roof in 2014 and AO and Wimby have one. Wake up and join the new century! :eek:
According to Jeff Tarango on 5Live tonight, he says there will be a roof by 2016, and he was adamant the USTA would have one before Roland Garros. He didn't reveal his source of this information, though.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
An indoor arena on-site would solve many of these issues.

Although of course this idea is fraught with problems.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
According to Jeff Tarango on 5Live tonight, he says there will be a roof by 2016, and he was adamant the USTA would have one before Roland Garros. He didn't reveal his source of this information, though.
Tournament Director Jim Curley is interviewed by ESPN a minute ago and he said financially did not make sense to put a roof on AA especially the whole USTA tennis center sits on a landfill. :eek:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I immediately thought of how idiotic that sounded.

Tournament Director Jim Curley is interviewed by ESPN a minute ago and he said financially did not make sense to put a roof on AA especially the whole USTA tennis center sits on a landfill. :eek:
Did he really say landfill? It's not that bad. People REALLY exaggerate.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Landfill is his word, not mine :p
Man, way to sell your area. I admit it feels low as heck, but landfill is way too overdramatic.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Man, way to sell your area. I admit it feels low as heck, but landfill is way too overdramatic.
Flushing Meadows park was once a dumping ground.

The 1,255 acre (5 km²) park was created from the former dumping ground characterized as "a valley of ashes" in F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. The site, known at the time as the Corona Ash Dumps, was cleared by Parks Commissioner Robert Moses, in preparation for the 1939-1940 World's Fair. Faced with having to dispose of the mountains of ashes, Moses strategically incorporated a significant portion of the refuse into the bases of the Van Wyck Expressway running along the eastern side of the park, the nearby Interboro Parkway (now Jackie Robinson Parkway), and the Long Island Expressway that divides the park into north and south halves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flushing_Meadows_–_Corona_Park

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm suprised they didnt built a roof already, but they will probably after this tournament

1 - 20 of 38 Posts