Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what reaction you will have when Roger Federer retires. Hopefully he'll tell us in advance which tournament will be his last, a la Sampras or Agassi. It will be a sad day for many to see the GOAT retire.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
waits for the Haterade to get into full flow...

More seriously, I'd probably find it a bit tough to follow tennis for a bit until a new player captures my attention with their game.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
i will cry and troll MTF pretending i never loved him...

:awww:

i love how you placed 'if' as if he might never retire :awww:

·
Registered
810 Posts
I will shed a tear. For real.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Bring Me That Barbecue Sauce!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
He took me through the teenage years to probably the end of my 20's.

I probably will have a very difficult time adjusting to his absence, unlike agassi and sampras. I'm hoping someone will come up to fill the void but I am not seeing it. Has to be some wonderboy who is around 13-14 still.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Will probably cry non-stop for 3 days and 3 nights. Not a troll post.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It's the natural flow of any sport. Players have to retire evenutally. The game will miss him though, as a competitor and ambassador.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Will probably cry non-stop for 3 days and 3 nights. Not a troll post.
in serbia, we do it like this

3 days drunk

regardless of whether you liked or hated him. for the sake of the event.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
:lol:

Life moves on, so does tennis. The guy already achieved soooo much more than I ever imagined him to achieve, back in 2002 :)tape:). Wish him a great post-tennis afterlife, and I'm sure he'll manage that.
I will remember his days on the court with love and admiration, and count myself blessed to have seen it happen as it did, in person, on several occasions. :wavey:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
He's the only thing saving tennis at the moment :scared:

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
When it does happen, it will be the end of an era. Tears? Probably not. I'll save that for when Nadal retires. Maybe. I dunno.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Suicide. Lie doesn't have any meaning anymore.
More seriously, I'll definitely watch an awul less amount of tennis. Just a couple of matches here and there and last stages of GS.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
If people are saying they'll be this emotional now when he retires, I can't imagine the reaction when he actually does it. I don't what I'll do but I'll have a lot of trouble following tennis and caring if someone does not emerge to fill the void.

I still remember when Agassi retired and I felt an era died with him. Even though I had not watched him (as much), it still struck a cord so Fed's retirement will be something like exiting my tennis childhood. I grew up with Roger's victories and even now he's still playing. What a guy!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If people are saying they'll be this emotional now when he retires, I can't imagine the reaction when he actually does it. I don't what I'll do but I'll have a lot of trouble following tennis and caring if someone does not emerge to fill the void.

I still remember when Agassi retired and I felt an era died with him. Even though I had not watched him (as much), it still struck a cord so Fed's retirement will be something like exiting my tennis childhood. I grew up with Roger's victories and even now he's still playing. What a guy!
Great post

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lol: I would definitely shed a tear, but I probably wouldn't have as much trouble since I would watch Nadal matches to make sure he loses and doesn't break the many RF records :tape: But once Serena, Venus, Li, AND Nadal retire, I probably will never watch tennis. And I won't be able to ever pick it up again since I wouldn't know which player to enjoy watching :sobbing: When I turn say, 40, I probably won't know who the would number 1 is :sobbing:

·
Registered
969 Posts
It will be a sad day. I will try to be thankful for all the things he did, but in the end the feeling is that it is very unlikely that in my life time I will witness another player like him. I might see another talented player, another serial GS champ, another down to earth guy and etc ... but all of that in one player it will be very, very hard.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts