Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal and Djokovic only win at Roland Garros; others win at the US Open. What shall we have at the AO?

~ 2016 French Open: Djokovic won (d. Murray in final) [Nadal withdrew before 3rd Rd match]
~ 2016 US Open: Wawrinka won (d. Djokovic in final) [Nadal lost in 4th Rd to Pouille]
~ 2017 French Open: Nadal won (d. Wawrinka in final) [Djokovic lost in QFs to Thiem]
~ 2018 French Open: Nadal won (d. Thiem in final) [Djokovic lost in QFs to Cecchinato]
~ 2020 US Open: Thiem won (d. Zverev in final) [Nadal did not play, Djokovic defaulted in 4th Rd]
~ 2020 French Open: Nadal won (d. Djokovic in final)

(copied from Tennis.com)

·
9,496 Posts
Does this mean Federer has little impact on Nadal or Djokovic destiny? This is just a stat of coincidence

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean Federer has little impact on Nadal or Djokovic destiny? This is just a stat of coincidence
I'd say both. I find it funny that they never take the US Open when he's not there...not that he'd take it either.

·
|
15,325 Posts
It'll hurt Djokovic more than anyone, because he might have to play Thiem or Medvedev in the SF instead of Federer.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
At this point whether Fed plays or not, its looking more and more hes going to drop to 3rd on the Slam list. Nadal has 1-2 more in him, Djoker has another 4 years of solid play.

Gotta be careful when you drop those winnable slam finals matches. It can come back to bite you in the stinkhole quick

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
I'd say both. I find it funny that they never take the US Open when he's not there...not that he'd take it either.
Each of the Big 3 can still win the US Open with a quite favorable draw. But it's important to be relatively healthy and fit at that time of year in the usual heat, and unusual oven of a stadium.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: florentine
1 - 7 of 7 Posts