Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, I first took notice of him when he beat Sampras for his first Queens Title in 2000 but actually becoming a fan of his probably the US Open semis Vs Sampras in 2000.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Ever since I first saw him play against Pat in Scottsdale was it? I forgot it was a while back :eek: :p

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think it was @ the US OPEN last year when he beat Sampras.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Eggs you know you love him, you just don't want to admit it :p :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
well when i became a fan of kim clijsters i read that she had a boyfriend named lleyton hewitt:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
then i paid attention for his results and saw that he was in semis of indian wells 2001 :) :) :) but i saw him for the first time playing on tv in the french and i thought : yeah good player but not superb but then i saw him in queens andi was very impressed , now he's my favourite player by far :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I noticed him in 99' but I absolutly hated him then and then I found out he was dating Kim I hadn't a clue what she saw in him lol. But I have to admit I did cheer for him when Him and Kim played Mixed at Wimbly '00'
But I became a Lleyton fan at Queen's 2001 as I noticed he had cut that stupid ponytail off and I thought I was being rather immature having a blast at Lleyton as he was such a good tennis player and I got used to the emotion he used on court and I have been a fan since!

·
Registered
27,194 Posts
As y'all know, I'm a HUGE Kim fan, so it comes as no surprise that my regard for Lleyton can be traced back to her. :)

I first noticed Kim at the '99 Wimby, when she got to the 4th round as a qualifier. I though, "Hey, this chick could be good." Then I got to see some more of her when she came SO CLOSE to beating the Predator Part 2, er, I mean Serena, at the '99 US Open. Serena, of course, went on to win that :rolleyes: and I thought again, "Hey, this chick could be good."

As Kim was rarely on TV in the US, I didn't get to see her play, so she was one of those players I hoped was doing well, but she was always pushed to the back of my mind sort of by default.

I got to see some of Kim and Lleyton's mixed doubles matches at the '00 Wimby, and I thought they were adorable. :angel: Then I saw Lleyton in the US Open semis versus Sampras, and I really started to root for him.

THEN came the '01 French Open. ;) I loved the way Lleyton battled back from 2 sets to love down to beat Canas, even though Ferrero took him out in straights the next round. And I thought it was sooooo sweet the way he stayed to support Kim throughout the rest of the tournament.

And I was hooked! I've been a rabid Lleyki ever since. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
27,194 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: ROTFLMAO!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Thanks. Venus is simply The Predator, if you weren't able to piece that all together. :p

"Rabid" is right!
Pffffff. Whatever, Priscilla! :p

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dr. Marly said:

Thanks. Venus is simply The Predator, if you weren't able to piece that all together. :p

Pffffff. Whatever, Priscilla! :p
Pffffft! :p Which is worse Predator 1 or 2. I'd say 2 by a looooonnnngg way :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
27,194 Posts
They're equally annoying. They rank right up there with Ezel!

·
Registered
27,194 Posts
Death to Ezel! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Or at least early retirement. :p

Ditto for the Williams sisters. They annoy the tar outta me.

·
27,371 Posts
I don't particularily like Justine but I would MUCH rather her than Serena and Venus! They're kinda of annoying just being them but it bugs me SO much that they win EVERYTHING :mad: At least before they use to suck on clay and serena wasn't so good but now the world revolves around them :rolleyes:

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
Right back when he won his first ATP tournament in Adelaide as a 16 year old - I can't even remember what year it was!

I suppose at first it was mainly because he was Australian and talented. Then I watched him play several levels above his usual standard for Davis Cup and realised how patriotic he was ... and then Pat said Lleyton was his little mate so I was confirmed as a Lleyton fan forever!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I think it was during 2000 that I first started to root for him a little :p

I remember when he lost to Gambill at Wimbledon - pfftt what was that about? :p

The first time I recall seeing him on tv for a full match was against Corretja at the Masters Cup in 2000. I was rooting for Alex though, then later in Davis CUp for Ferrero and Costa.

SO he always seems to be playing people I like :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
last year when i started to see tennis, i saw a game of Hewitt,
and i sad: oh, he plays great tennis...
:cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts