Mens Tennis Forums banner

When will Rafa beat Djoko/Fed outside clay?

• Total voters
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
What are those years? He also recorded good amount of wins over Federer during 2012 & 2013.
Not on Hardcourts.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Hum, Strange. He did lose to Nadal on HC both years. Not sure why I put those years down then.

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's a good chance he will beat one of them off clay this season. Suddenly, everyone (mostly Fedtards) pretend that Rafa will never beat them off clay. Federer certainly won't retire this year, that's for sure so your point is moot.
So much nonsense. Where to start?

There's a good chance he will beat one of them off clay this season.
Sure. I agree. That doesn't mean that he will definitely beat one of them this season, or for that matter, ever again. They simply may not (depending on how the three of them get injured, how they play at particular tournaments, and when they retire) ever play again.

Suddenly, everyone (mostly Fedtards) pretend that Rafa will never beat them off clay.
Nobody is "pretending" anything. We don't know the future. Rafa may not even play Federer or Djokovic ever again. For example, Rafa and Federer didn't play a SINGLE match in 2018. Could happen again this year. I, for one, think that it's most likely that Rafa will never beat Federer off-clay again (and I am NOT a Federer fan), simply because I think the two will probably only play a couple more matches before Federer retires, and it's more likely that Federer will win those rather than Rafa.

Federer certainly won't retire this year, that's for sure so your point is moot.
There you go again, stating something that may or may not happen in the future, as a "fact". My point cannot be moot because nobody knows the future and whether Federer will retire this year or not. I, for one, think that it's more likely that Federer retires this year than it is that they meet off-clay and Nadal beats him.

You asked people for their opinions, then you got mad when you did not like the answers.

Many people pointed out that your poll is missing one obvious choice ("Never"), you got mad at them and start arguing against that choice. What's the point of a poll if the only options are those that you like?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nor was it Federer’s fault that Nadal consistently kept getting bounced before seeing Federer on hardcourts from 2004-2008.
I wouldn't bring 2004-2008 if I were you. From their first match in Miami 2004 (when Nadal was all of 17 years old and Federer was #1 in the world) until AO 2009, their H2H on hard courts was 3-3. Not exactly a domination by Fed over Nadal, is it?

Sure, Nadal wasn't nearly as consistent on hardcourts to reach the late stages as Federer was, but when they did meet it was anyone's match.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Lukas, I already corrected myself. I am unsure why I only put those dates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Am not too much worried for Nadal. As long as Djokovic and Federer keep on losing in US Open early rounds (various excuses, like elbow, tough Wimbledon matches, problematic back, too much humidity etc etc etc...) its OK.

Nadal will keep on adding US Opens & Canadian Masters to his kitty.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts