Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Djokovic's slam count be closer to Murray's or Nadal's?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Maybe this is too late of a warning:

Do not attempt to reason with a dulltard. Most of them are so delusional that a simple reason, fact, evidence or logic would just fly over their head.
This. We should just ignore that ridiculous Nadulltard. I can't believe he thinks Novak would win less slams that Nadull in the future.

Fognini says hi. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Voted Murray. Nadal will win some more majors, regardless his recent run of form. He's coming back from injuries of last season. He had surgery. It may take him a year to be back to near his best, but with no new guys pushing through he's bound to take advantage again.

Murray also is back to some sort of consistency - he'll win at least one more major. I don't see Djokovic winning every major in sight for the next two years.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
mathematically speaking this is the same as asking who will win more slams:
two Djokovics vs Nadal + Murray

suppose D is Djokovic's current slam title count, d is the future titles he is going to win, and N, M for Nadal and Murray
now: N - D = D - M, (1)
in the future, we will be comparing (N + n) - (D + d) vs (D + d) - (M + m), (2)
cancelling equation (1) from equation (2), we will be comparing:
n - d vs d - m, which equals:
n + m vs d * 2

aside from the faulous year 2011, from 2012 on, we have:
2012: Djokovic(1) * 2 = 2 = Nadal(1) + Murray(1)
2013: Djokovic(1) * 2 = 2 < 3 = Nadal(2) + Murray(1)
2014: Djkovic(1) * 2 = 2 > 1 = Nadal(1) + Murray(0)
2015 till now: Djokovic(1) * 2 > 0 = Nadal(0) + Murray(0)
total Djkoivic(4) * 2 = 8 > 6 = Nadal(4) + Murray(2)
if 2015 is excluded, then it's 6 = 6

so after 2011, D, N and M were at 4, 10, 0, respectively, Djokovic actually caught up a little bit to now's 8, 14, 2
So it is Murray who lags behind

So the result very much depends on Murray, not D or N, if he gets back to his 2012~2013 form(which in my opinion demolishs Djokovic and Federer), he could make Murray + Nadal > Djokovic * 2

·
~&#9829; Magnus Norman &#9829;~
3,328 Posts
*sees thread title that starts "When all is said and done..."*

OH NO, EARWORM

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Nadal 15
Djokovic 12
Murray 4

That's how it will end.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
To show how ridiculous this thread is I'm gonna say Djokovic will surpass Federer. Murray doesnt deserve to be compared to Djokovic in any way, heck I dont even want to see them in the same sentence.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
Djokovic will end up with a tally in the double figures, so he'll be closer to Nadal who might not win any more. Andy will win a few more but he won't be anywhere near Djokovic's count.

Nadal: 14
Djokovic: 11/12
Murray: 4/5

Something like that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Murray is destined to retire with zero real slams. So Nadal.

·
Registered
21,757 Posts
I would propose a one week ban for this user my dear Mods. Yesterday RedHotRafa49 made a thread how Nadal should retire and now he's suddenly winning 18 slams?
troll attempt 1/10
in a still weak era

:haha:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I would say Nole 14, Rafa 14, and Murray 2. That's how it ought to be

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
really hard to say

at the moment obviously you would suspect he will end up closer to Nadal BUT if Murray somehow manages to win a few more slams then obviously that might not be the case. hard to say

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I expect Djocko to win more slams but i would be hard pushed to believe nadal or murray will ever again, unless the slams are gifted to them.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts