Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think next year the coverage of the USO should include some wheelchair tennis. I think seeing those guys and gals play would be amazing and I am willing to bet people would watch.

Wheelchair athletes :worship:

Reactions: adelaide

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts
LuckyAC said:
I certainly wouldn't watch, the woman are already hard enough to stand.
have you ever seen wheelchair tennis then? Go and have a look before you make a judgement! it's brilliant !

:hatoff: I'm amazed at what they do! :worship: I have no idea how on earth they do it! Keep moving the wheelchair AND hitting a ball......:scratch: takes a real effort to do that !!! :clap2:

Reactions: Rex

·
Premium Member
62,990 Posts

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Lady_Carlita said:
:hatoff: I'm amazed at what they do! :worship: I have no idea how on earth they do it! Keep moving the wheelchair AND hitting a ball......:scratch: takes a real effort to do that !!! :clap2:
:worship:

I have never seen a wheelchair tennis match before but if I ever get the chance to do so I would definitely take it.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
It's amazing what they do. Really, :worship: to all wheelchair tennisplayers. Matches are very interesting. Too bad it doesn't get much attention.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
To LuckyAC, the women of wheelchair tennis are of a very high quality... Jiske, Esther, Sonja.... gorgeous, and talented. Yes, two bounces, but they have to work hard to get to them, and in a lot of the top players rallies, they dont need the second bounce.

Martin Legner ROCKS!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelchair_tennis/

whoa! There's my shameless plug to my group :lol:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I remember seeing a segment with, I think, Chanda Rubin playing against a pro female wheelchair player. Chanda was getting her butt kicked...

How much money would like the top player make?

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Bjorkman_Girl said:
To LuckyAC, the women of wheelchair tennis are of a very high quality... Jiske, Esther, Sonja.... gorgeous, and talented. Yes, two bounces, but they have to work hard to get to them, and in a lot of the top players rallies, they dont need the second bounce.

Martin Legner ROCKS!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelchair_tennis/

whoa! There's my shameless plug to my group :lol:
Thank you for answering my question Bjorkman_Girl! :hug:

It's even more a shame you don't pay more attention to wheelchair tennis, LuckyAC, since your country has two players in the top 10 (men: Michaël Jérémiaz#2 and women: Florence Gravellier #4 plus some others...)! Shame on you! :ras:
I would love to have a player from my country succeeding so much in this sport even/especially if it was in wheelchair tennis! :p
Great discipline! ;)

Article about it: "Roulant Garros"

·
Registered
985 Posts
yhe i reckon it takes a hell of a lot of work to do wheelchair tennis.

Reactions: Carlita

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Rex said:
yhe i reckon it takes a hell of a lot of work to do wheelchair tennis.
Definitely! :yeah: And it's an hybrid version of the game. So it must be very interesting to watch because they have to be creative and invent new shots and everything... ;)
And they must realize they love tennis and playing much more than many other players do too. And it's always great to watch ppl enjoying what they do first in any sport...

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
It's a different game to watch but still very interesting and you just have to admire how incredible these guys and girls are!

Then you get players like Australia's Anthony Bonaccurso :drool: who might just have the best arm muscles EVER!!!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Peta Pan said:
Then you get players like Australia's Anthony Bonaccurso :drool: who might just have the best arm muscles EVER!!!
That indication begs for pics to illustrate it and let us be able to judge by ourselves! :drool: ;)

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Beautiful huge arms indeed! :hearts:
Is it a common wheelchair tennis player's characteristic? :angel: :eek: :lol:
And a nice laugh/smile on top of that... ;)

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
delsa said:
Beautiful huge arms indeed! :hearts:
Is it a common wheelchair tennis player's characteristic? :angel: :eek: :lol:
And a nice laugh/smile in top of that... ;)
It is a very common characteristic ;) It builds up muscles pushing a wheelchair around!
Yes he has a very nice smile too ;)

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Peta Pan said:
It is a very common characteristic ;) It builds up muscles pushing a wheelchair around!
Yes he has a very nice smile too ;)
A thought comes to my mind: even for the female players? :tape:

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
delsa said:
A thought comes to my mind: even for the female players? :tape:
Well... I guess they would have to considering they still have to push the wheels.... I'm not really sure of what their arms look like coz I haven't tended to look at the females body features ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts