Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
At those tournaments aren't they only clocking how hard you can hit it and not how hard you can hit it and actually get it in?
yeah, but i tried hitting a serve at a pace where i can actually get it in

·
Registered
329 Posts
My average first-serve speed is about 105. I think the hardest I've been clocked at (with the serve getting in) is 121, and that was just under a month ago at a practice session. Not bad for a gal, eh? ;)

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Paialii said:
My average first-serve speed is about 105. I think the hardest I've been clocked at (with the serve getting in) is 121, and that was just under a month ago at a practice session. Not bad for a gal, eh? ;)
Thats really fast. I think you would of been in the top ten leaderboard for the US Open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
im 15 and and clocked mine at 110 at 5'7 i wonder how that would feel and that 121 srv girl i dont belie you that would be one of the fastst for any girl ever

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Paialii said:
:lol: that settles it. everyone here is lying except for those of us who will admit to 65 mph. but I've only been playing for about 16 months so I guess this time next year, I should be up to about 300 mph on my first serve. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
My hardest was about 107 mph, my avg is usually in the mid 80s because I'm not competing or anything

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Paialii said:
Isn't the fastest serve hit by a pro woman somewhere around 127 or 128? :eek:

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
My serve speed being doped :sport: or without being ?? :cuckoo:
:rolls:

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
My first serve = Dementieva's second serve. :haha:

Seriously...I don't have a clue. I know it's probably one of the better ones at my level...but we're pretty far down the ladder. Placement, spin and consistency is far more important than pace.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
70-90 mph
I can hit them faster (90 -110) but only on my good days, which don't come too often.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Only between 170-180 km/h, but I get good angles ;)

My second serve is rubbish though

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
okay, i went with few friends that play tennis at place where they had a gun, my best that went in was 123mph, when i play i normally put in about 35-45% :lol: :sad: at 110-120, mostly in the 113-115.
2nd 85-100 :)

and im 6'11 ;)

G

·
6'1 - can crank it up to around 190km/h

These days most concentrate on reducing the pace, increasing my 1st serve % and try and get more kick into it though so on average 165 - 175km/h more reasonable

21 - 40 of 55 Posts