Mens Tennis Forums banner

What's your favourite Masters Series tournament?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time we had this subject as a poll was about 4 years ago, so I'm sure some of the opinions have changed during this time.

I checked which one I voted for back then...it was Monte-Carlo. It's still one of my favourites, but nowadays I would say Rome is my #1 :cool: I think the main two courts over there are really good, I like how the crowd is really close to the players and the stadium isn't too wide, that creates a great atmosphere. All the best players always show up there, even the clay court clowns go there to get their asses kicked in the opening rounds. One thing that puts Rome above Monte-Carlo for me is the night/evening sessions, I love those especially on clay (MC and Hamburg don't have them).

Vote in the poll and put the tournaments in order which you prefer them. Comments on why will be appreciated. Here's mine:

1. Rome
2. Monte-Carlo
3. Indian Wells
4. Miami
5. Hamburg
6. Paris
7. Toronto/Montreal
8. Madrid
9. Cincinnati

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
1. Miami
2. Rome
3. Canada
4. IW
5. Madrid
6. MC
7. Cincy
8. Hamburg
9. Paris

·
Registered
771 Posts
I like Toronto/Montreal merely because I'm a Torontonian. Plus it takes place in the summertime. Nothin' wrong with that!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
1. Paris is favourite for me just because of the random winners that you get and its nice to see underdogs win Masters for ther first time (e.g. Berdych, Henman)

2. Indian Wells - bigger draw means bigger surprises

3. Miami - bigger draw means bigger surprises

4/5 - Canada/Cincinnati

6 - Madrid

7/8/9 - Rome/Hamburg/Monte Carlo - at the moment Rafa is too dominative and its predictable for the clay events

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Bercy
Monte-Carlo
Miami
Canada
Madrid
Rome
Hamburg
Indian Wells
Cincy

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
1. Canada (has real hard courts)
2. IW (although I hate the blue clay)
3. Miami (purple clay)
4. Rome (the crowd is great)
5. Hamburg (shame the cold weather)
6. Cincinnati (too hot, players can't play at their highest level)
7. Madrid (disgusting crowd)
8. Paris (I would put it higher if they hadn't screwed the courts, WTF was that shit surface they put last year?)
9. Monte Carlo (the ball isn't even visible on TV, nuff said)

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
1.Madrid : mostly because I like the surface
2.Toronto/Montreal : see above, the only problem is that I'm usually away on vacation when it starts
3.Paris : bonus points because it's the only MS that I've attended
4.Rome : because as far as clay surfaces go it's the one I dislike the less and for the thriller finals we've had in 05 and 06 that were great enough not to be ruined by having a poor ending
5.Cincinatti : not ranked higher because the conditions sometimes make it difficult for players to maintain a high level
6.Monte Carlo : mostly for the scenery
7.Hamburg : Good memories from last year :drool: :hearts:
8.Miami :great field but I hate slow hard courts :eek:
9.IW : see above + even windier...

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
1. Monte-Carlo - lovely place, beautiful centre court, just nice and traditional
2. Miami - Still the unofficial 5th slam for me
3. Indian Wells
4. Cincinatti
5. Rome

The rest I don't care.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
1. Rome
2. Monte-Carlo
3. Paris
4. Madrid
5. Toronto/Montreal
6. Hamburg
7. Miami
8. Cincy
9. Indian Wells

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Rome
Monte Carlo
Miami
Canada
Madrid
Indian Wells
Hamburg
Cincinnati
Paris

I think I really adore all of them for different reasons - Cincinnati and Paris are never...incredibly important to me, though.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Canada MS event, because of:
* summer time
* good time zone
* surface
* didn't choose Cincinnati, cause the best tank there ofter after a win in Canada

Order:
1. Toronto/Montreal
2. Indian Wells
3. Cincinnati
4. Miami
5. Rome
6. Monte Carlo
7. Madrid
8. Hamburg
9. Paris

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I voted for Monte Carlo then - and it hasn't changed :) It's a beautiful place and a lovely atmosphere, - not forgetting in my time zone and easy for me to get to. So here is my list:-

1) Monte Carlo
2) Madrid - purely personal reasons - I've always had a great time there - it's a good tournament and a lovely city.
3) Hamburg - yes - I know - it's cold, but I just love it there.
4) Rome
5) Paris Bercy - just a couple of hours on the train, and a nice way to end the year
6) Indian Wells - first Masters' Series of the year to watch on TV :)
7) Toronto/Montreal - often has "different" winners
8) Miami
9) Cincinatti

Reactions: rtgy

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
They all nice but there are somethings i obviously dont like...

Indian Wells-Its ok, first ms of the year, nice crowd

Miami-Miami, nuff said. Love the mix of the crowd and a great atmosphere on and off the court

Monte Carlo-The courts, the location and the mixed crowd.

Rome-Well how can a tennis tournament in Rome be bad? Not to keen on the crow though. I dont think italians are tennis knowledgable

Hamburg-Its too cold..Same thing with the crowd in Rome. Ive noticed theyre mostly kids on field trips.

Canada and cincy- I like Canada more. And its in the summer which means im free t stay up and watch tennis..

Madrid-The first and only tournament ive ever been too and i loved every bit of it.

Paris-Again with the withdrawals..Could more exciting with all the players entering. Theres something i dont like about the stands for some reason. They have these red metal bars between every section of the stands and they look pretty old! Its weird!

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
We had this last year I think.

Toronto, Paris, Cincinnati, Rome, Madrid, Hamburg, Miami, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Monte Carlo is the best by far.
I think that some players hate the Cincy because it's so humid it is unbearable.
Miami is 5th slam for me also.
IW has a charm since it is in desert.

Others I do not care much

1 - 20 of 83 Posts