Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Elizabeth George is my favourite writer ever!!!

I also like Patricia Highsmith, J.R.R. Tolkien and Hermann Hesse!

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Gabriel García Márquez
Carlos Fuentes
Jorge Luis Borges
Juan Rulfo
Federico García Lorca
Pablo Neruda
Ray Bradbury
Hermann Hesse
Octavio Paz
Alejo Carpentier

and many more

·
Registered
5 Posts
So many that I have... Tolkien, Barnes, Camus being some of them. And lately, I discovered and began to like Will Self and Thomas Pynchon...

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Well my favourite writer isn't famous. She is my best friend and has written some of the most amazing stories I have ever read. I love her style :D:D

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I also like Carlos Cuahutemoc Sánchez
NOOO , mariquita, ¡¡aléjate de esos libros de inmediato!! Carlos Cuauhtémoc Sánchez es de lo peor que hay:eek: detrás de sus palabras hay una mentalidad fascista, ultraconservadora e intolerante a las diferencias sexuales, religiosas, etc (sin bromear, tuve "la fortuna" de estar presente en una de sus conferencias, no me salí porque no podía, que si no!)
Un buen antídoto para los libros de Carlos Cuauhtémoc Sánchez es Carlos Fuentes o Julio Cortázar. Mil veces mejores escritores María, aunque si a ti te gusta él, respeto tu pensar ;)
Por otro lado Paulo Coelho es un gran autor. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
mine are Marc levy, Edgar Poe, H.P Lovecraft, J.K Rowling, Jean Auel, Robin Hobb, Bernard Werber! and lots of others!!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
probably Julio Cortazar, I like practically everything written by him (and that's a lot)...There are many many more authors whom I like :)

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Hi, Nina. Julio Cortázar is one of my favorite writers as well. what is your favorite book by Cortázar? mine is "Rayuela" (Hopscotch), one of the best books I've ever read. :)
I have enjoyed as well "62, modelo para armar" (Sixty-two: A Model Kit) and "el perseguidor" (I don't know its title in english) a short novel about the life and death of Charly Parker, the great sax player. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hi Jorge :)

well Hopscotch is my favourite as well, it's just brilliant, but I guess we're not the only ones who think that :) 62 is very good. I remember reading a story of a sax player not sure wheather it was Charly Parker, it was called something like "The follower" (is it it?) and I wasn't really keen on it, I found it a bit boring. He's written some amazing short stories- I love the book of advice on how to cry, go up the stairs etc. My favourite story is called something like "an island at midday" about a man who sees an island and stars dreaming of it (it's very hard to explain... ) .. but there are a bunch that I like equally. He's great

1 - 20 of 78 Posts