Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He won in Croatia and now has 3 first round losses in a row...what's with that? Really, he hasn't played well in months. He should have contended for the French Open.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
women :mad:

He's been serving like a girl in last few months as well, getting broke about 5-6 times in every match recently too

Carlos..... get your ass together and wake up :smash:

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
From the couple points I saw from ESPN's highlights Carlos just seemed lost. Fabrice's finesse and trick shots were too much for him. Isn't he gonna fall quite a bit in the rankings now that he lost in the first round since he was champion last year?

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Re: Re: What's wrong with Carlos Moya?

1jackson2001 said:
From the couple points I saw from ESPN's highlights Carlos just seemed lost. Fabrice's finesse and trick shots were too much for him. Isn't he gonna fall quite a bit in the rankings now that he lost in the first round since he was champion last year?
those pts are already off as Cinci is a week later this yr

Careless is safe until around October time
got Hong Kong final pts plus Basel SF
but the real probs come with Paris Bercy Semis (225)

He'll still end in Top 10 for season.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with Carlos Moya?

TheBoiledEgg said:
those pts are already off as Cinci is a week later this yr

Careless is safe until around October time
got Hong Kong final pts plus Basel SF
but the real probs come with Paris Bercy Semis (225)

He'll still end in Top 10 for season.

oh ok, good thing cuz he doesn't deserve to be out of the top 10

But he also has some Masters Cup points to defend and he might not even qualify this year.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

TheBoiledEgg said:
it must have been Layla :eek: :lol:

Layla........ what have you done to Carlos :p

It's all Carlos fault. He didn't have the courage to ask Layla to dance with him in Umag and he missed her like hell!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
It's been the hardcourts that have been giving him trouble lately...something about the transition from clay :confused:

Also, he was No. 4 and climbing after his last win. It seems whenever he starts challenging for the No. 1 rank, he starts to **ck up.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
No, Moya hasn't challenged for the #1 ranking at all. Reason being his sucky results in Majors. You can't reach #1 with GS results like his: QF, 3rd round, 2nd round, DNP.

Agree with Eggy, his serve has gone from weapon to liability.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts

Leo said:
No, Moya hasn't challenged for the #1 ranking at all. Reason being his sucky results in Majors. You can't reach #1 with GS results like his: QF, 3rd round, 2nd round, DNP.

Agree with Eggy, his serve has gone from weapon to liability.

Well at the beginning of the clay court season he spoke about wanting to win the French and reclaim the No. 1 ranking (which he thinks is better than winning majors). The same week he made that pronouncement he lost to 16-year-old Nadal.

He was striding through the French draw until he met Verkerk, who nobody had seen coming and barely lost that match.

If he had put together good results in Montreal and defended his Cinn. crown, he would have been inching his way closer to No.1. Look at Roddick, he lost 1st rd. at RG and is already looking like a contender for No.1 three months later.

Anyway, if Moya is spinning his balls in, that might bespeak of a shoulder problem he is hiding...

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Maybe. Does anyone know of a shoulder problem that Moya is struggling with?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
hehe maybe hes really dreaming of this hostess.. :hell:
or he just wants to be like corretja :eek:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts

TheBoiledEgg said:
it must have been Layla :eek: :lol:

Layla........ what have you done to Carlos :p
LOL Eggy, I didn't do anything to him (that he didn't want ;) ). I want him to play better, the silly bugger. If I wanted to use spells on him, that's the one I'd choose. ;)

He was playing really well in Umag, well not all the time. He played remarkably well in the SF against Nadal. His game was almost perfect and he even served brilliantly. Then in the final, there was a point in the third set when he simply couldn't get the first serve in, his percentage must have been zero during those 5 games. It was very odd. Maybe he felt a responsibility to make the match more exciting for his beloved Umag crowd. ;)

Seriously though, I have no idea why he only played well enough in Umag. :confused: His confidence seems to be in tatters and the only place in the world where he can feel confident is in Umag, maybe that explains it. He had a tough first round match and he was delighted with that win. It all went well after that. He had no problems with Browne and he steamrolled Ferrer.

I don't know anything about that mysterious shoulder injury. He certainly didn't look like he was nursing an injury in Umag. I talked with his manager on a few occasions (even after the victory) and the shoulder injury never came up. :confused:

Wake up, Carlos!

·
Registered
100 Posts
oh, the serve. That's right. I don't have a chance to see him at all recently :mad: :sad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts