Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do they think this is artsy or something?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do they think this is artsy or something?
Haha, yes, I am sure that they do. Most camera work professionals certainly view themselves and their craft as artistic. I bet they get pretty bored doing just the same basic angles so every once in a while they go for something creative to keep them awake throughout the matches. You can't blame them too much, can you? I think it's pretty amusing.

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, yes, I am sure that they do. Most camera work professionals certainly view themselves and their craft as artistic. I bet they get pretty bored doing just the same basic angles so every once in a while they go for something creative to keep them awake throughout the matches. You can't blame them too much, can you? I think it's pretty amusing.
Sure, but it goes a bit too far when it happens so often and to the point where it becomes impossible to properly follow those points, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Does Tennis Channel still take ad breaks midway through points?

I've never paid for Tennis Channel but when I watched a few streams that put me off ever subscribing to it.

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
To be fair, the behind the ass shot has been around a long time especially on WTA

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does Tennis Channel still take ad breaks midway through points?

I've never paid for Tennis Channel but when I watched a few streams that put me off ever subscribing to it.
Tennis Channel is another platform, Tennis TV doesn't have any ads.
To be fair, the behind the ass shot has been around a long time especially on WTA
Lol I don't watch a lot of WTA, but I was watching the RG final and how they filmed Kenin and I was like ''How are they getting away with this?''

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
Tennis Channel is another platform, Tennis TV doesn't have any ads.
Lol I don't watch a lot of WTA, but I was watching the RG final and how they filmed Kenin and I was like ''How are they getting away with this?''
Yes Kenin was wearing a very very short skirt the whole tournament. Everytime she went to serve, it flew up and you can see everything. Of course the French are very much pervs historically and in modern times. Luckily with the Kardashianization of young girls from very young ages nowadays, no one bats an eye. Perhaps her skirt was "conservative" in some circles

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Cologne makes up for it by giving us strong Laver Cup vibes with that black court though. Also credit to them for doubling down on their exhibition feeling by using beds in the stands, Roger Federer take notes!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I was wondering about that too. This could even be technically illegal because of a recent law against upskirting

·
F***ing have it
17,596 Posts
Albot's rear end is really good :devilish:

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I think it's not Tennis TV, it's the feed they are getting from the local broadcast. The Cologne angles and switching between cameras have been a pain. You miss like 30% of the match because of this shit. Still, it can't compare to one of the tournaments in China a few years a go when they would constantly stay on the close-up camera following a player during rallies. They probably though it was cool too.

·
23,489 Posts
It's because their main sponsor is a mattress company. :p
I'm still wondering the sanitary standards of this -- bed stains usually stick a bit longer than chairs and surely in pandemic time this isn't the best time for it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
With Tennis Channel's brand new, comprehensive contract with the ATP starting 2021, goodbye Tennis TV.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
With Tennis Channel's brand new, comprehensive contract with the ATP starting 2021, goodbye Tennis TV.

was going to get tennistv, should i wait now? what is going to be better/change with tennis channel?

·
Registered
213 Posts
was going to get tennistv, should i wait now? what is going to be better/change with tennis channel?
I'd wait until January 2021. Whenever the the effective date of the new contract. TC+ is already the #1 tennis streaming app. Combined with Tennis Channel, Tennis Magazine, and the TC Podcasts Network that's as comprehensive as your going to get from one company. IMHO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts