Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not the one I am using right now but the one that keeps getting deleted with him holding a banana... Seriously, if it's what I think it is then it's truly the height of political correctness run amok when certain people - myself included - can't be pictured with a piece of fruit :rolleyes: I've seen what I consider to be more 'controversial' avatars with practically naked figures and people giving the middle finger, yet Gael smiling cheerfully in a photo meant to promote fruit from his parents' home is somehow evil? A sight so awful that, based on just a few posts in the last couple of days, I've received two good reps and a positive comment on it? Even though it's part of a publicity campaign? I actually wish that was the problem i.e. commercial images are prohibited or something, but I somehow don't think that's really it...

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Re: What's Wrong with my Gael Monfils Avatar?!

Sorry sorry I didn't know about this and probably others didn't know about the background as well.

See my response in GM as well.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I also have a more general issue with avatars and I'm probably not the only one :( At the bottom of the "Use Custom Avatar" section is this statement:

The maximum size of your custom image is 96 by 96 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).
Now I take this to mean that a picture either has to be within the listed dimensions or smaller than the given size. It can therefore be slightly taller or wider as long as it doesn't take up more than 9.8 KB on the server. Yet, whenever I try to upload an image whose height is more than 96 px but otherwise does not go over the limits, it still gets shrunk down :confused: This is obviously a real problem for any pic with a vertical or horizontal orientation rather than mostly square proportions as the clarity and definition are greatly reduced. Is there any way to correct this apparent glitch or is this actually how it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no word on the avatar issue? It's really annoying being forced to trim and shrink interesting images to postage stamp proportions (or worse) when even the 'blah' predefined picture options are all around twice the size :(

·
Administrator
2,053 Posts
Sorry about the delay.

The wording on the avatar size limits was poor and doesn't accurately reflect the way the system works.

vBulletin allows us to set a hard cap on the pixel height, pixel width and file size of avatars. It doesn't allow for people to exceed one cap while remaining under another Right now, registered users are capped at 96 x 96 pixels and 10000 bytes (which is about 9.8 KB). The "or" between the dimensions and file size should be an "and", and "whichever is smaller" should not be there. The way that was worded cannot be done in vB.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the delay.

The wording on the avatar size limits was poor and doesn't accurately reflect the way the system works.

vBulletin allows us to set a hard cap on the pixel height, pixel width and file size of avatars. It doesn't allow for people to exceed one cap while remaining under another Right now, registered users are capped at 96 x 96 pixels and 10000 bytes (which is about 9.8 KB). The "or" between the dimensions and file size should be an "and", and "whichever is smaller" should not be there. The way that was worded cannot be done in vB.
OK, guess I'll have to live with it... :sad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts