Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this, but I was hoping for some more unusual answers than you would normally get - so if you can, please don't nominate the first two Grand Slam finals from last year, even if Safin and Ferrero were pretty poor in both of them.

For the record, I choose neither of Federer's dreadful straight-sets collapses at RG and Wimbledon, largely because I didn't see them, but his QF against Hewitt in TMS Paris last year, at which he himself at one point declared "I'm playing the worst match of my life!", when he had just dumped yet another easy backhand into the net.

Answers on the front of an internet post addressed to Sjengster at General Messages, please.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Are we talking about worst quality or most boring? If that is the case I would choose Safin-Kiefer at WtC last year. Safin's groundstrokes were at approximately 10 mph and still Kiefer was choking. It looked like a tankjob to me. Kiefer somehow managed to win it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Probably at TMS Paris when Lleyton lost to Safin in the finals........that 0-6 second set was pititful!

·
Registered
864 Posts
GabbylovesLleyton said:
Probably at TMS Paris when Lleyton lost to Safin in the finals........that 0-6 second set was pititful!
the 2nd set was the best...

last year it was Moscow semi...Marat vs PHM...a lacklustre performance from Marat...

·
Registered
459 Posts
HEHEHAHAHA very funny!

·
Registered
864 Posts
it was not supposed to be funny...

when Marat is at his best he can steamroll Heewee anyway he wants..unfortunately he isn't at his best level too often

·
Registered
444 Posts
:fiery: The one between Marat & Olivier in Wimbledon 2002!

That match drove me nuts, beaten by a midget :eek:

·
Registered
561 Posts
My favourite player is Olivier Rochus :D

After his match against Safin he lost against Clement. Certainly the first set was a nightmare, he was a lot better at the end but still this is the worst match I have seen him play. All the other times I saw him play he was terrific.

Arnaud Clement FRA 6 7 6

Olivier Rochus .. BEL 0 5 3

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Agree with Becca, that was the worst match i've ever seen Juanqui play. But a close 2nd was the Roland Garros 2002 final.. the first two sets were painful to watch :(

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
As for Tommy Haas, his Roland Garros straight sets loss to Andrei Pavel was quite disappointing. He could have played much better than that, considering the fine form he was in before that match. And of course his 6-3, 6-2 loss to Michael Chang in Cincy was embarassing. :eek:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
GabbylovesLleyton said:

Hardly painfull...

I wasn't really a fan of the Hamburg final last year....Marat was completely off, Federer deserved to win. how ever...I would have much prefered the other way around!!!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
For Moya, definitely USO against Gambill last year. For Ferrero, if I can't say RG, then can't think of any right now. Not that he doesn't play bad matches, just that I didn't get to watch much of his matches on TV. That Wimby match wasn't that bad. Sure he struggled, but he's no Andre Agassi on grass, so I'm cut him some slack :angel: .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Marat's defeat last year at the Oz open final. I started swearing at the TV.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Still couldn't erase off my memory that awful AO finals, but I pick:

Marat Safin - Greg Rusedski @ TMS-Cincy 2002. Marat losing is one thing but losing to obnoxious Rusedski is way past my sanity limits.:fiery:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Rogi, 50% of his matches. LOL

1 - 20 of 151 Posts