Mens Tennis Forums banner

What's the TOP MATCH of the 2nd Rd ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Re: What's the TOP MATCH of the AO 2nd Rd ?

hewitt-roddick and for some reason haas-nadal. you just never know.

btw great signature, certinfy. :D

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

you want to know what our most anticipated match is yet you start off by naming your least interesting one? ok..

isner-nalbandian is the one i am most interested in. raonic-petzschner also due to how they match up.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

There's actually a lot of very interesting matches this round. I'm very happy with it. Ans yes, Certinfy, that is an amazing sig.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts

Of course Roddick - Hewitt.

And i really believe Rochus in his form can give Berdych so much troubles, this should be very interesting too!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts

Kohli-Riba for me of course! But for all people the 2nd Round looks really good. I also would like to see Raonic vs Petzschner. Haas vs. Nadal will be intresting too, because Haas will make a huge fight in his probraly last Australian Open..

Of course Wawrinka-Baggy and Isner-Nalby are highlights too!

·
Registered
10,187 Posts

Del Potro - Kavčič

...The least interesting match for me is Chela - Andujar. ;)
:mad:

...and Chela - Andujar

·
Banned
3,667 Posts

Roddick vs Hewitt will be good, just like Tomic vs Querrey and Baghdatis - Wawrinka. Isner vs Nalbandian will be good, if David is fit. Almagro - Dimitrov could be good, battle of one-handed backhands. Maybe Simon vs Benneteau and Tipsarevic vs Duckworth will be nice to watch. Unfortunately Nadal vs Haas will be one-sided.
Top one by "weight" is Roddick vs Hewitt for sure (Haas didn't accomplish all that like this guys). But the best match by quality will be Baghdatis vs Wawrinka. Would be Hewitt's match but I am afraid he is not fit enough for best of 5.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts

Simon Benneteau blockbuster.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts

Golubev-Gasquet for the sake of the one handed BH.
Raonic-Petzschner and Isner-Nalbandian for the matchup.

I don't want to miss those.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

Hewitt vs Roddick. Battle of the formerly relevant.

Baggy vs Wawa could be great if they both come to play, but let's be honest, the chances of that happening are miniscule.

·
Banned
4,017 Posts

I'm quite interested to Almgaro - Dimitrov.

Grigor needs to prove himself to be the next "big thing" and, even if it's on hard, Almagro is still one of the 15-20 best players on the world, so a win over him would be much appreciated.

Good luck Grisha! :yeah:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

Baghdatis and Wawrinka will sell out.

1. Australian Open
2. Baghdatis
3. Greek supporters
4. Tough opponent i.e. Wawrinka

You're going to get a 5 setter guaranteed. And if I had to call it, Stan will win the first two sets, Baggy will take the next three.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Baghdatis and Wawrinka just based on how close it anticipates to be. This could be a big 5 setter!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Serra vs Lu

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

I like the Baghdatis vs Wawrinka matchup because they are both players that have been around for a while but haven't really bumped into each other in the draws. They met once in 2008 in Indian Wells (Wawrinka won 6-3, 6-7, 6-0), but this was the year Wawrinkas rank shot way up, even into the top 10 while Baghdatis fell way down because of injury. Maybe not the ideal time for this matchup but hopefully both can play in good form.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

I actually doubt that I will see the Baghdatis vs Wawrinka match actually, mostly because of the time delay. Don't think I'll have enough energy to wake up early and watch that one. I'll probably watch Fish vs Falla out of todays matches, but I may catch bits of other matches. That's the major thing I don't like about the AO, this damn time difference.

·
Banned
94 Posts

Definitely Roddic-Hewitt...battle of the slam-wonder veterans
:drive:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts