Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it's the TDK. I feel this movie will never be surpassed. I've watched it countless times and still watch scenes of it between now and then. The greatest acting performance of all-times still belongs to this man (imo).

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
Urgh, almost impossible to say

Probably JFK. Of course it's fictional but none the less an epic film that is made to a ridiculously high standard with a crazy cast. Does what it intends to do as well.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Harvie Krumpet.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
12 angry men.

·
Registered
21,156 Posts
If Heath Ledger hadn't died, his performance wouldn't be so lauded. Is his performance any better than Brandon Lee, who also died (through no fault of his own, though) making The Crow? I'd suggest that it's not even close.

There's no single best film. This thread would be better named "what's your favourite".

·
Registered
21,262 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
46,707 Posts
The Godfather Part 2 of course

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Pulp Fiction is my favorite.

The greatest I believe is City of God. It's powerful, beautifully acted and shot and has just enough unique cinematographic tricks and uniqueness without being too much or disrespectful to the subject matter.

honorable mentions:
Ex Machina
No Country For Old Men
Kill Bill
In Brugge
Billy Elliot

·
Your visions will happen
46,707 Posts
Part III is my favourite. That epic and long scene at the theatre made an average trilogy worth watching.

I rate the series till the theatre scene a 3.5/5 and the threatre scene a 5/5.
Surely you jest :spit:

Godfather 3 was necessary, I guess, to see the end of the story, and I don't think it was as much of a travesty as some others believe. However, it was not good, imo :lol:

Mine:

Godfather 1 and 2
8 Mile
Rocky 1, and some others in the series
Goodfellas
The Untouchables

So yeah, for me, Mafia movies and long shot sport stories

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Pulp Fiction is my favorite.

The greatest I believe is City of God. It's powerful, beautifully acted and shot and has just enough unique cinematographic tricks and uniqueness without being too much or disrespectful to the subject matter.

honorable mentions:
Ex Machina
No Country For Old Men
Kill Bill
In Brugge
Billy Elliot
I just saw City of God yesterday! It's like a Brazillian 'Goodfellas". Superb film.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts