Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since his fans always like to argue he is one of the most talented ever :D but the excuse is he doesn't have the focus and consistency to win 7 matches in a row in best of 5 sets (7*3 = 21 sets).

Yet since 2017 he played a total of 15 masters 1000, made only one final losing to Dimitrov @Haneul What gives? :unsure::D

·
King Of Tennis
3,247 Posts
When King has the all-time record for most masters titles (including a double career golden masters) it doesn't leave much room for anyone else. Kyrgios is just left to seethe on Twitter.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,305 Posts
Nick was closest in Miami 2017 incidentally. Had he converted the MP on Federer, he may have had a shot at beating Nadal

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I mean he's won 3 ATP 500s and 3 ATP 250s, and if add them up (500x3 + 250x3 = 2,250) they are equivalent to 2.25 Masters titles.

That's more than enough for a self-content man.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Don't know, same as I don't know why he's the number one thread subject all of a sudden.

·
Registered
824 Posts
He can't get motivated for slams, what chance a Masters 1000.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Dont like to talk about him,because that talent wasted is a sin.
I would sell my sister to have 1/10 of his tennis😔

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Injury, otherwise he would have won Cincy 2017 against that Bulgarian mug.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
In all fairness, 2017 was Dimitrov's best year of tennis; starting that year great by winning Brisbane, playing a great 5-setter SF vs. Rafa at AO (ruining Rafa's chances vs. Fed, who had an additional rest day for the Final), winning Sofia in Feb., winning Cincinnati in the middle of the year, and finishing off the year great by winning the year-end ATP Finals. In the process, Dimitrov finished year 2017 as World No.3, the best ranking anyone outside Big 4 could achieve since July, 2005.

Reactions: dDreamer

·
Registered
765 Posts
Maybe for the same reason that I have not won a masters title.

He just isn't good enough! but he should win before I ever do.

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
In all fairness, 2017 was Dimitrov's best year of tennis; starting that year great by winning Brisbane, playing a great 5-setter SF vs. Rafa at AO (ruining Rafa's chances vs. Fed, who had an additional rest day for the Final), winning Sofia in Feb., winning Cincinnati in the middle of the year, and finishing off the year great by winning the year-end ATP Finals. In the process, Dimitrov finished year 2017 as World No.3, the best ranking anyone outside Big 4 could achieve since July, 2005.
Who cares if that was his best year, it was masked by never seen travesty draws and embarrassing luck. Played absolute mugs in Cincy while Kyrgios grinded down Nadal and Ferrer and got injured for this mug to vulture the final.
Waiting for a bunch of Dimitards to tell me how the h2h against Kyrgios is 3-1 but of course all of them forgot that Kyrgios served for the match in Indian Wells 2015 right after he sprained his ankle serving the match out. His only legit win against Kyrgios was at AO and even there Nick clowned all tiebreaks.
His draw at WTF surpasses anything I've ever seen in tennis history, played one of the shittiest and weakest draw ever considering it involved Top 8 players and managed to struggle against every single one of them while doing so.
Even the so called AO peaking tournament, he was getting humiliated and destroyed by Istomin before Denis got injured, avoided Djokovic and managed to play his bride in QF, fresh and daisy for semifinals playing an absolute average Nadal and still lost it. Think no one is surprised he never backed up these results because they were just that a complete and massive joke.

As for the best ranking anyone outside Big 4 could achieve since 2005, what are you even talking about Raonic finished as 3rd in the ranking in 2016, a ranking Raonic achieved over the course of going deep in almost every single tournament that year, meanwhile this mug finished 3rd on the back of some of the biggest caricature draws and luck ever seen.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts