Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Djokovic catching Nadal

Votes: 42 61.8%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic is 6 slams away from Nadal and Nadal is 6 slams away from Federer.

Who do you think has a more realistic chance of catching up to who?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
This is a good one. Both are 6 majors away. I don't see Federer adding to his tally of majors but Nadal will win more majors for sure. I would say Nadal has a better chance of catching Federer compared to Djokovic catching Nadal.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
This is a good one. Both are 6 majors away. I don't see Federer adding to his tally of majors but Nadal will win more majors for sure. I would say Nadal has a better chance of catching Federer compared to Djokovic catching Nadal.
nole's on the streak and might have got to rafa's head a bit...he's his new james blake:devil:

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
nole's on the streak and might have got to rafa's head a bit...he's his new james blake:devil:

Here is the thing Federer will always be on Djokovic's side of the draw, we all know that. Federer vs Djokovic matches are always 50-50. Federer will most likely take out the Djoker once or even twice next year in a major. Federer will then get shagged by Nadal in the final, 100% guaranteed. No player on tour can beat Rafa except Djokovic so I expect Nadal to pile on the majors as long as he does not face the Djoker in the final.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the thing Federer will always be on Djokovic's side of the draw, we all know that. Federer vs Djokovic matches are always 50-50. Federer will most likely take out the Djoker once or even twice next year in a major. Federer will then get shagged by Nadal in the final, 100% guaranteed. No player on tour can beat Rafa except Djokovic so I expect Nadal to pile on the majors as long as he does not face the Djoker in the final.
Federer needs to get to #2 spot although I think he is a lot of points away. But if he gets to #2, they will put Nadal on Djokovic's side of the draw for sure and then we can have a possibility of a Djokovic-Federer finals which is always tougher to call than Djokovic-Nadal or Nadal-Federer.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Federer needs to get to #2 spot although I think he is a lot of points away. But if he gets to #2, they will put Nadal on Djokovic's side of the draw for sure and then we can have a possibility of a Djokovic-Federer finals which is always tougher to call than Djokovic-Nadal or Nadal-Federer.
That would be a dream scenario but just like you I can't see Federer getting to number 2 anytime soon. I doubt Federer will ever get to number 2 because Nadal and Djokovic are beating everyone in sight and I expect that to continue.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
excellent scenario, hope the flame wars wont dilute it. At this point, it looks like novak is the more probable scenario because of nadal's regression. We have seen him come back last year to really dominate, but his serve really fell off after the '10 uso. Health-wise, novak is going to last longer and have more opportunities as well. While fed is always a threat for novak, i see rafa as the more vulnerable one to get upset in slams now.

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
Djokovic catching Nadal is a sure thing, he just needs to win 2 majors in the next 3 years when he will still be young, while its impossible for rafa to catch Roger since his body is as old as 35 and serves too bad :shrug:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I can't decide both are very unlikely

Still think Federer wil atleast win one more slam. Nadal and djokovic cant win all the slams (roger and Nadal couldn't even do that in their peak)

before 2010 I always thought Nadal would stop winning slams at about 25/26 years old. But after 2010 we know he can also play a different game. I guess its a safe bet he will win 2-6 more slams not much more I think because peak rafa wins on avarage 2 slams a year and with djokovic beating him a lot recently it will be very hard to keep that up so 16 slams before 29years old will prove to be a lot for Rafa I think. And after that it will be even harder to win a slam

For djokovic after such a year I still can't believe he will ad more than 8 slams to his tally. His game relies so much on movement and he is already 24.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
It is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely Federer finishes the year as N4 than N2? Have you checked where Murray is standing now and the points Federer is defending? Get a clue.
The first big tournament from now on when Nadal has more points to defend than Federer (expect Tokyo) is Indian Wells.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
Depends. If the ATP decides Fed-Faker finals are more compelling than Fed-Nadull finals they might start fixing draws the other way. In that case I can't see Nadull winning another slam. If the immense influence of Nadull keeps Faker away from his half in every single slam he'll get a few more gift slams (probably not enough to catch Fed) but that will keep Fakervic from reaching him. The real question is does Nadull still have the same power over the ATP?

·
Premium Member
21,366 Posts
Not necessarily on Novak's side and besides, Fed could stumble like in Wimbledon this year. That and he's not getting any younger. And let's see what the rest of the tour does in 2012, I don't think everybody will be slumping or getting injured all the time :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely Federer finishes the year as N4 than N2? Have you checked where Murray is standing now and the points Federer is defending? Get a clue.
The first big tournament from now on when Nadal has more points to defend than Federer (expect Tokyo) is Indian Wells.
:lol: I never said he would rise to #2, I said he needs to if he wants a realistic chance of winning slams next year. Get a clue or go to school, your reading comprehension needs some work.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Nadal catching Federer of course....Novak can win 10 GS shame Nadal win like 16 ...Fed is done at racking up slams Nadal is not ...

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Nadull is on the decline & owned by Djoker, so the answer's obvious. Nadull might fluke another slam or two if the draw rigging continues, but it won't be long before others start beating him too. When he loses the R.G. final to Djoker his confidence will be smashed for good.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Clearly Nadal catching Federer! I mean after Nadal has won the French for the 9th time and is still on one US Open and 1 Aussie Open! he could easily be only be 3 away at 28! and what if he wins the Aussie Open Next Year Possibly 2 away at 28! Nadal will catch Fed! Djokovic will not catch Nadal IMO!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Djokovic catching Nadal is a sure thing, he just needs to win 2 majors in the next 3 years when he will still be young, while its impossible for rafa to catch Roger since his body is as old as 35 and serves too bad :shrug:
And that's a sure thing? There is no such thing as a sure thing in life and especially in a competitive sports.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts