Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

supposed to be a poll...oh well

1. A Brit other than Andy Murray wins a GS match
2. A Frenchman shows some balls at RG and actually makes the final
3. An American finally scores a W over Federer
4. A Spanish speaking player besides Nadal wins a Grand Slam title.

·
Registered
195 Posts
a spanish player other than NADAL wins a GM,FERRER could make a statement at the AO if the season doesn't catch up to him, then there's NALBALDIAN who beats FEDERER more often then I'd like to see, then maybe SAFIN COULD shock the hell out of us by starting the season with a BANG

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The 1st choice is too simple, but the thread idea is very good

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Definitely option 4. Too many good spanish speaking players out there.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
:D

supposed to be a poll...oh well

1. A Brit other than Andy Murray wins a GS match
2. A Frenchman shows some balls at RG and actually makes the final
3. An American finally scores a W over Federer
4. A Spanish speaking player besides Nadal wins a Grand Slam title.
1. most likely.
4. reasonable if Nalbandian takes 2008 seriously.
3. unlikely.
2. least likely.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Oscar Hernandez wins the Golden Slam. :worship:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm sure Bloomfield or Marray would get the job done on a grass court against someone like Berlocq, Hernandez or Vassallo Arguello.

It says a lot about british tennis when our expectations are so low this is what we have to look forward to :sad:

For other than Murray to win a match our other players have to get lucky with the draw and play an amazing game only to be crushed in the next round.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It says a lot about british tennis when our expectations are so low this is what we have to look forward to :sad:

For other than Murray to win a match our other players have to get lucky with the draw and play an amazing game only to be crushed in the next round.
lol exactly, they are pathetic! They wont qualify for any other slam and then at wimbledon the LTA will give them all the MD WCs which they inevitably waste by losing 1st round. Half the time to guys who are claycourt spealists that rarely play on grass and these British mugs play on grass most of the time!

I agree 1 or 2 may get extremely lucky and pull off something against a really poor or injured opponent...but i wouldnt hold my breath!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts