Votes: 58 54.7%
  • RN coming out as No. 1 due to RF losing points

Votes: 48 45.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Nole going up pointwise, at the expense of Federer and Nadal, which scenario you think is more likely to occur first?

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
With Nole going up pointwise, at the expense of Federer and Nadal, which scenario you think is more likely to occur first?
allow me to be the first to say, what???:confused::sad:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts

He hasn't gone up at the expense of Rafa :shrug: He has more points than he's ever had and is likely to become only the 2nd player to break the 6000 points barrier.

:)

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean Nole will win tournaments during the clay season, therefore taking points away from Rafa. ;)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Djoko number 1. More points on hardcourt than on clay to win. Nadal has more points now than Sampras ever had, but he might never be number 1. How ironic.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
You waited 2 minutes you idiot.

I pity your future GFs if that qualifies as a long time.
I assume that you are that one person who voted for Rafa becoming No.1! :smooch:

P.S.Bring us back the ass, please!

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I assume that you are that one person who voted for Rafa becoming No.1! :smooch:

P.S.Bring us back the ass, please!
The asses are back :shrug:

And no, I didn't vote for that option because I am not delusional :lol:

Even the most ardent Rafa supporter must see that Nole becoming #2 is more likely than Rafa becoming #1.

Federer is going to pick up enough points at IW/Miami and Rome to see him as #1 till at least after Wimbledon. No way he's picking up 80 points at the hc Masters this year.

Rafa has 3,605 points to defend till Canada.
Nole has 2,385
Fed has 2,625

:shrug:

Imagine Nole and Rafa both defend most of their IW/Miami points, but Nole gets a little closer with better results in the two Masters, Rotterdam and Dubai.

Say he's even 600 points behind going into the clay season. I can't imagine Rafa will defend his points at all 4 clay tournaments this year - say he drops Hamburg. Then Nole plays Hamburg and wins. That's the #2 spot there. And that's without Nole gaining any points in the other clay Masters. And Rafa keeping all his. At some point his clay dominance has to end. Not even end, just be slightly less spectacular.

It would be silly to argue that that isn't more likely than Rafa winning Rotterdam and Dubai, and Fed losing early in Dubai (which would be his last chance to snatch a week at #1 till .. ever probably :lol:) :sad:

So I'm not saying Nole will become #2, but it does appear more likely.

:(

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
trust me, I waited for a long time
You waited 2 minutes you idiot.

I pity your future GFs if that qualifies as a long time.
:wavey: Hi! :)

bad rep from Dimonutter "I waited at least 5 minutes you idiotic moron."

Check the posting times, you tool. :haha: :haha:

edit: btw, even if you think 5 minutes is a "long time" your future GFs are still going to be disappoined :)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
lolz, Dimonator pwned again

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
I think it's quite close between the two. I hope that at some point we have a GS event where all three players are capable of finishing in each of the top 3 positions, especially if it is at the USO meaning the YE #1 would be in three way contention.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
There's unlikely to be any change anytime soon. Djokovic has the most points to defend in March while Federer almost none.

Scenario #1 is most likely to happen at some point during the clay season because even Nadal won't be able to win 4 clay events in 4 weeks. He'll have to drop either Barca, Rome or Hamburg with Djokovic probably taking advantage and winning one of them.

Off course everything will depend on form and, who knows, maybe Nalbandian can still be a factor. I don't see Davydenko, Ferrer or anyone else being a major factor.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know what WILL happen, McMaleficent (you're so not going to hold this against me as a "prediction going bust" :)), but it's obvious that much of it hangs on clay season. And Nole's claycourt upgrades are still unknown. (To be precise: whether he and his quarters have devised some anti-Rafa procedures and strategies.) But by some logic and reasonable assumptions, I think the first one is more likely.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
The asses are back :shrug:

And no, I didn't vote for that option because I am not delusional :lol:

Even the most ardent Rafa supporter must see that Nole becoming #2 is more likely than Rafa becoming #1.

Federer is going to pick up enough points at IW/Miami and Rome to see him as #1 till at least after Wimbledon. No way he's picking up 80 points at the hc Masters this year.

Rafa has 3,605 points to defend till Canada.
Nole has 2,385
Fed has 2,625

:shrug:

Imagine Nole and Rafa both defend most of their IW/Miami points, but Nole gets a little closer with better results in the two Masters, Rotterdam and Dubai.

Say he's even 600 points behind going into the clay season. I can't imagine Rafa will defend his points at all 4 clay tournaments this year - say he drops Hamburg. Then Nole plays Hamburg and wins. That's the #2 spot there. And that's without Nole gaining any points in the other clay Masters. And Rafa keeping all his. At some point his clay dominance has to end. Not even end, just be slightly less spectacular.

It would be silly to argue that that isn't more likely than Rafa winning Rotterdam and Dubai, and Fed losing early in Dubai (which would be his last chance to snatch a week at #1 till .. ever probably :lol:) :sad:

So I'm not saying Nole will become #2, but it does appear more likely.

:(
I know all that above :sad: but I hoped that a least one Rafa fan has the courage to be delusional. Now I see that there are 7! :worship:
Thank you for the pictures. I just cannot imagine you and happily read your posts without them. Why :shrug:?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts