Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also wanted several times to visit the pages, but it doesn't work... :confused: Hope the website will be avalaible again soon...

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
His website has been down for months now, the last update was during the tournament in Rotterdam in February.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah i noticed...it dosen't even show it on google anymore!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
So I guess we will have to wait on his new site :cool: I just hope there is an English section to the site or I'm going to need someone who will translate it to me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Still no official website, so:
The other day, I had a look at Tangerine Dream's blog about Roddick, which is very nice (Roddick watch), and I was wondering if somebody in the Guille forum has a similar blog or if you know good blogs about Guille or the Argies in general.
There are plenty of little blogs about Guille made by teenagers in French, but mostly with pics only (for example http://coria59.skyblog.com/, the same girl also has a little selection of slide shows and videos here: http://putfile.com/guisha).
Do you know other more informative blogs (event. in Spanish too)?

(Don't you want to create your own Guille blog, ATennisFan? You obviously love writing, it would be perfect for you. ;))

·
Registered
432 Posts
Truc said:
(Don't you want to create your own Guille blog, ATennisFan? You obviously love writing, it would be perfect for you. ;))
A bait! Hmmm... if you started one I bet I couldn't resist posting in it, but I don't think I would get around to actually creating one - I've been putting things off lately, too many little things to do during the holidays, which is why I'm here posting, trying to put them off longer - v. successful at that. Maybe after the holdiays? I still have to look through my USO pics to see if I have that gesture captured, but it's in the same room with the sleeping puppy, so I'm waiting until he wakes up to check. (Unfortunately, I think I missed that part as Guille was on the other side of the court for it and it happened quickly, but maybe.)

I didn't finish putting ornaments on my tree yet, but I did spend some time checking the match summaries and detailed serving stats of some top players at the '05 AO. I'm trying to determine where an opponent should serve to best earn points. Out wide to the AD court is overall a good strategy. Federer makes great use of his kick serve to gain points out wide in the AD court, e.g. against Hewitt to win the USO in '05. The best serve placement varies according to the opponent, however. I'm looking for revealing trends, but it takes multiple matches to find a trend. I hoped to find more tennis writers who already addressed that, but tennis commentary ranges from awesome to dismal, even in match reports on the slam sites themselves so I haven't found much at all. A blog would be a great place to post such things, and much more of course.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Yes a blog about Guille would be great, but I couldn't do it! I'm such a poor writer. The Roddick blog mentioned is very good, but I don't have that kind of writing ability :sad:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi y'all! :wavey:

Just wanted to come say that Guille's site is still up at http://php.americaonline.com.ar/CoriaSite/site.php, but it's not been updated since Miami '04.:( But just thought I'd come share that in case someone wanted some pics or whatever off of his site.:) (btw, sorry if someone reported this already!)

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Thanks, the link was posted in the chat thread some time ago, but I'm not sure everybody has seen it.
It is so annoying with the website. How comes that none of the Argentinian top players has a proper website?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Truc said:
Thanks, the link was posted in the chat thread some time ago, but I'm not sure everybody has seen it.
It is so annoying with the website. How comes that none of the Argentinian top players has a proper website?
Oh ok, sorry about that then! And thats a good question!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts