Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
From the little I've seen of him, he isn't the toughest guy out there, mentally speaking. He tends to get discouraged with surprising ease, just for the heck of using an eufemism.

His game is compact, smart and fluid, although he doesn't have any major weapons if he's in the mood he can outwit a large share of players IMO. And don't forget this is his first season playing the biggest tournaments, not every player can produce a good transition in the first try. He shall get better I'd think.
he is doing much better than Craplocq 1st year playing ATP :help: :haha:

6 years old answer.

Don't forget the loss against The Don in Bermuda
The Don is not a bad player :shrug: and remember it was Har-Tru. for me it was an expected that it was going to be a 50.50 match

and I remember that in MS Miami he did a decent job qualifying and winning Spadea in 1st round. then lost to Gonzalez in 2nd round

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
and he was near to beat Marat Safin days ago... :help:
but imo it was never in doubt that Marat was going to win..

the same for Gabashvili vs Coria match

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
cuevas has potential but he's obviously the stereotype south american headcase...

·
Registered
196 Posts
From the little I've seen of him, he isn't the toughest guy out there, mentally speaking. He tends to get discouraged with surprising ease, just for the heck of using an eufemism.

His game is compact, smart and fluid, although he doesn't have any major weapons if he's in the mood he can outwit a large share of players IMO. And don't forget this is his first season playing the biggest tournaments, not every player can produce a good transition in the first try. He shall get better I'd think.
True.
He's lacking confidence and really needs to improve his mental toughness. His mum uses to chat with us on his blog and keeps telling us that, and how she's encouraging him to try and overcome those issues. He has great tennis (he showed his skills in Viña where he reached the SFs) but we know that's not enough to compete at top level.

Now Pablo has a new coach: Daniel Orsanic, who is also Acasuso's coach. Let's see how things go.

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
no. both are good players

Cuevas probably won most doubles titles than G.Pujol

·
29,044 Posts
Both Cuevas and Granollers are excellent doubles players.

Granollers has won 8 futures and 15 challengers
Cuevas has won 6 futures and 8 challengers

Cuevas is well below .500 in doubles finals while Granollers is well above .500

·
Banned
12,239 Posts
Both Cuevas and Granollers are excellent doubles players.

Granollers has won 8 futures and 15 challengers
Cuevas has won 6 futures and 8 challengers

Cuevas is well below .500 in doubles finals while Granollers is well above .500
good stats

thanks for the info

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Man, there are some profound thinkers in this Forum. If it weren't for some who make it interesting, this place would be a big pile of bull..
Good to know we have you here instead. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't appear that he sucks anymore--upsets Nadal on clay and wins 2 titles in as many weeks. Cuevas has top 5 CLEANEST strokes on tour, groundies to serve. He moves great and has good feel at net. He has top 15 potential, in my opinion. Hindsight is 20/20, and we can see that the issue was never whether Cuevas had the game, but whether he could stay healthy. His knee(s?) have been his 'achilles heel', but hopefully those days are behind him.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts