Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minafils has been MIA lately. I havent even seen his name in futures. This guy played well vs Nadal in RG in 2010. I thought he had some good potential. Anyone know what he has been up to?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Pretty sure I saw his name as an alt in the Marrachek challenger recently. Probably played qualies, but yeah he started his season pretty late

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
he's been playing clay court futures in spain mostly.

had two excellent wins in Marrakech qualies a week and a bit ago against olaso and ouahab (who were both in decent form) but not a lot to shout about.

read somewhere that he lost confidence and has been completely remodelling some of his strokes, basically learning again from scratch.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
On closer inspection he's playing an in form Pospisil in Le Gosier tomorrow

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Well that just about buries my above comment real bad :lol:.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw that. That's what made me think to make this thread.

I do remember his forehand stroke being peculiar looking, but it was effective.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
he's been playing clay court futures in spain mostly.

had two excellent wins in Marrakech qualies a week and a bit ago against olaso and ouahab (who were both in decent form) but not a lot to shout about.

read somewhere that he lost confidence and has been completely remodelling some of his strokes, basically learning again from scratch.
Yes exactly.

He made a big work this winter with Eric Winogradsky (former coach of Tsonga) to rebuilt entirely his game (especially his backhand I believe). We will see how it goes during the clay season...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Minafils has been MIA lately. I havent even seen his name in futures. This guy played well vs Nadal in RG in 2010. I thought he had some good potential. Anyone know what he has been up to?
I really wouldn't call him Minafils, he's a very different person both in character and looks.

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
draw got changed due to Mahut withdrawl, Pospisil became a 9 seed and got moved, Mina will now play Obry

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
He will always have work as a Monfils impersonator.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really wouldn't call him Minafils, he's a very different person both in character and looks.
There was a time when he wore a hairstyle that made him look just like Monfils.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah, Mina will play Obry and will still probably be defeated. He will be defeated to in some hours partnering the same Obry against Klec and Paire in doubles.

Actually he made some "remarkable" results the last year, won against Rochette, F. Martin, Eysseric, Rodrigues. He did not play from September 2011 to the end of February 2012 though.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
He made a big work this winter with Eric Winogradsky (former coach of Tsonga) to rebuilt entirely his game (especially his backhand I believe). We will see how it goes during the clay season...
I had read that he had worked a lot about his forehand during a period last year, even trying to change it back from the bases with light balls for kids and so on ... better not do it too late if you want to completely change a shot, something Gasquet was adviced to do by Benhabiles in the past from what I heard but refused to do and kept his forehand as we know it.

Mina beat Obry by the way but was defeated by Kunitsyn 7-5 6-4, his start of the year is a little better than last year.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Probably QWC.
about your sig filo, what about robin haase? where do you think he will get to in the next 2 years? he has transition game unlike most players today.....

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Will he get a WC in the FO or just a qualy WC?
he's not sure if he will play Roland-Garros or not : it will depend on the way he plays in coming weeks : if he doesn't play well enough and if his coach thinks that he will lose in first round anyway, he says he won't even apply for a wild-card, if he does well everything is opened, including a main draw wild-card, I guess :

http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp/46597-mina-je-ne-sais-pas-si-je-jouerai-roland

Here a video about Mina's work to transform his forehand :

http://www.fft.fr/actualites/tennis-media/les-videos/mina-fin-de-chantier

1 - 19 of 19 Posts