Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Djokovic win the AO and Maria on the...um...WTA side (it hurts to even place that tour in the same sentence as as Novak)...I came to the realization: each player appears to trying outdo the previous slam winner. Roger, Rafa...they all fall to the ground as if shot by some bullet...each trying to emulate the REAL LEGEND...Bjorn Borg himself.

The last time I saw an actual celebration that was NOT over the top was Marat at the AO a few years ago. When will the madness stop?

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Shit, if i won a slam, I'd strip nude and run around the court

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
LOL I hope this thread is a joke.

I wish they were all like Goran's in 2001, that rocked.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I can't help but admit that I like the 'over the top' celebrations. The more falling-to-the-ground, tears, family hugs, etc... the better, IMHO.

Yeah, I like my favs to be emotional on their victories. :angel:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Still not a one of them has taken all their clothes off and run naked around the court in a victory lap.

But I think it's trending the right way...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
what the heck...i'm thinking federer should cry evertime he wins a slam. and i was sooo dissapointed when nole didn't cry when he won the AO this year.:angel:

AND by the way in those miliseconds of winning no one is going to think okay so last year roger did this i'm now going to bend my knee this way, touch the floor that way and close my eyes this way....hopefully did better than them.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Santoro/Llodra all the way

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I loved the Israeli's celebration when they won the doubles. Them piggybacking around the court was great.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit, if i won a slam, I'd strip nude and run around the court
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Goran was never meant to win a grand slam title, HE HAD EVERY BIT OF RIGHT TO BE OVER THE TOP EMOTIONAL... I remember watching that match... pure joy!
Goran's celebration, for me, was the most emotionally satisfying. Because of all the years of agony and HOW he won...it might very well be the best win reaction ever.

BUT, Roger always falling to the ground...which invariably leads to an awkward moment for the loser (Do I go around the net and pick him up? And if I don't, do I look like a jerk?)

I still remember Stefan's dangerous leap over the net.

Its just a matter of time until we start seeing NFL caliber celebrations.

But, why, given the fiery personalities of the past, were the celebrations back in the day more muted?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
But, why, given the fiery personalities of the past, were the celebrations back in the day more muted?
Interesting question. I'd like to think that nowadays, men are more 'allowed' to show their soft side, i.e., openly expressed emotions, i.e. TEARS.
As for me - I think that's a very good thing indeed! :worship:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Another great thread from sawan the genius.

People are different and are going to react differently in these situations, not everyone can win a Slam.

As long as they don't ignore their opponent, then can do what they want.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Why low key? When you win a GS you are the best tennis player in the world at that moment. Celebrate and enjoy yourself. I'd go crazy myself too. Why not?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Federer should do the Carlton dance the next time he wins a slam. Novak should keep his shirt on.

Reactions: Aurora and mir

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Do me more, my dearest gentlemen!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts