Mens Tennis Forums banner

What year will Federer first win the French Open?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
i think not before 2010. but he'll definitely nail one

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I think he will not win. Reasons: Nadal, Djokovic. Simple

Hope I'm wrong, cause he deserves one

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I think Djokovic may be a hard nut to crack for Federer on clay. This year's clay season may prove me wrong

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
lets see fed win a hc tournament ppl. it wont be easy the way djoker and bandy are playing...not to mention nadal.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It's difficult to choose. Federer is improving his game at Roland Garros all the time. Nadal needs to lose really in order for Fed to win - that will be the factor.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
NEVER

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
affirmative. there is no stopping the Clay Monster there for the next 2-3 years.

after that, Fed will be too old. he is damn near too old now.
I say this is the year. Maybe Federer is losing his edge, maybe he isn't. Right now though Roger probably understands his chances of winning this thing are closing fast as each year passes. I'll go ahead and say Federer is going to win at the French, at Wimbledon, but not the US Open. That goes to Novak. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think last year was his best chance on clay.

He proved he could beat Nadal on the surface at Hamburg and went into the French Open on a high.

That was enough motivation, however come the final he looked tired, which maybe the reason he didnt play Halle before Wimbledon for the first time in years.

His best chance has gone.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I think last year was his best chance on clay.

He proved he could beat Nadal on the surface at Hamburg and went into the French Open on a high.

That was enough motivation, however come the final he looked tired, which maybe the reason he didnt play Halle before Wimbledon for the first time in years.

His best chance has gone.
I agree. He wasn´t the biggest favorite last year, but he had a chance. I think last year was his golden opportunity. When you miss your best shot, your efforts after that tend to be like banging your head against the wall.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts