Mens Tennis Forums banner

what year do you think will be tha last that we see one of the Big 4 win a Grand Slam

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 5 10.2%

Votes: 8 16.3%

Votes: 16 32.7%

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • other

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year do you think will be the last t we see one of the "Big 4" win a Grand Slam?

Which year will be the last that we see one of the Big 4 (Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, or Andy Murray) win a Grand Slam title?

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Re: What year do you think will be the last t we see one of the "Big 4" win a Grand S

Nadal's knees explode and he dominates wheel chair tennis until 2048.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Re: What year do you think will be the last t we see one of the "Big 4" win a Grand S

Wimbledon 2017 roger federer after Nadal & Djokovic retire.

·
Banned
29 Posts

I could see Nadal winning at least Roland Garros deep into his thirties, so probably the early 2020s at a minimum. Although Nadal might retire once the slam margin between him and Federer and the slam h2h/overall h2h becomes humiliating.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

2017 : Djokovic wins his 6th AO, Nadal triumphes again in RG with his 12th and last title.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

It's hard to say. I think Novak, Rafa and possibly Andy have at least a few more years to win slams. But sooner or later the dominance has to fade, it already has started to slightly but the top 4 are always there in the end, bar Stan the mans triumph. Can't last forever, but I wouldn't like to pick a year.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

2020 or so, they'll be around 33 then, one of them should still be able to win one.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

It's very tough to say because we don't know yet if and when the 95-96 kids will deliver. Even though the domination should not extend beyond 2016 (personally I think 2015 will be their last big year), if the youngsters take a bit of time to mature there will be some space for wins here and there. 2018 is a max for me though, beyond that competition will be too dense : Dimitrov, Raonic, Kyrgios, Coric, Garin, Khachanov, Ymer, etc... even if quality doesn't match expectations, quantity should be too much to handle for ageing Nolandal.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

2020/2021

·
Registered
865 Posts

I don't know, it mainly relies on how Novak,Rafa and Andy handle their fitness and healthy.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

I voted 2018, but i must change my mind on 2019 or 2020. There is 3 of them, one will surely shine one tournament later in his 30s. Probably Nole-no injury issues and small number of tournaments entered last 4 years.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

I think they will win slams at least until 2019, possibly even later. By then Djokovic/Nadal/Murray will be about Fed's age now or slightly older. We saw how close Federer came to winning Wimbledon again this year, it seems more than likely that at least one of the other big four will be just as capable at that age. Not to mention there still isn't any overly tough competition from the younger players.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

Murray will win 5 consecutive CYGS

All other players will retire in humiliation

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts

2017 at minimum, 2019 maximum. I'd go for 2018. That's 4 years away and Murray/Djokovic will be 31 then. They should still be high ranking players then but slam winners? Not entirely sure.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

2019. It'll either be Nadal at the French or Djokovic at the Australian.

Murray will be about 200 in the world if he's still playing by then.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

AO or RG 2016, after that Dimitrov will be too much of a beast to be defeated by 30 yo guys. Also, Thiem will rise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts