Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's say:

As a Djoker fan: 2 more USOs or 1 more RG?
As a Rafa fan: 1 AO or 1 WB? OG or/+ WTF would be better than 21th GS?
As a Thiem fan: Winning all 4 slams at least once (answer both ignoring his former USO title, or taking it into account so you assume he'd win there twice), or a great streak at RG after Rafa declines (3/4 RG in a row, let's say)? (and I'm not playing with M1000 success or with an epic win over the great man at the surface such as what happened at WB 2008).
As a Zverev fan: multi-champion at HC slams or winning 1 of both and 1 RG?

I'm very dubious about what to propose for Fed and Medvedev. So many big things for the one who has his very last shot, and so on for the young russian. And don't put aside a Gold Medal at Tokyo and what that means for many.

I'm just proposing a scheme (for the young guys, if you want, let's not talk about their entire career, let's consider the next 6-8 years). For Big3, yeah, let's think they would't achieve much more.

Feel free and discuss.

·
Registered
451 Posts
as Nadal fan I would say, 3rd Wimbledon title for sure winning all surfaces 3 times that would be insane, double slam is great but I feel a lot future ATGs will do this anyway.

·
Super Moderator
12,371 Posts
FAA/Shapovalov to stop all this from happening would be what I’d like to see even though a fan of them all , it’s off season so might as well dream !

As a Novak fan : more AO / amazing to watch him in Australia

As a Rafa fan : more RG / crazy domination

As a Thiem Fan : beat Novak at AO & Rafa at RG

As a Medvedev Fan : win AO/USO

As a Zverev fan : nope just can’t

seems no preference from me to any mentioned objectives to define their careers

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
As a Rafa's fan, all slams are welcome. All slams are good slams and they all have their own prominence.

Australian Open: 2 grand slams at each of the 4 grand slams.
Roland Garros: 14 Roland Garroses.
Wimbledon: 3 grand slams on each of the 3 grand slam surfaces - grass, clay, and hard.
US Open: Record tying 5 open era US Opens.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
As a Dominic fan option with all 4 slams at least once wins it for me.
I value versatility over dominance.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
From the choices you give, if I were:
a Djokovic fan: RG
a Nadal fan: WB
a Thiem fan: all 4 slams at least once
a Zverev fan: both options are fine

As a Federer fan, I would be absolutely delighted with him winning either the Olympics or one more Wimbledon (and that would be the big choice, which one to prefer). I then honestly wouldn't mind him retiring immediately afterwards.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not a Thiem fan but I don't see why anyone would not choose the CGS. Some of the best ever haven't won all four. He would join a very short list of very esteemed company.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Easy .. 2 USO.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As a Federer fan I don't expect anything at all at this point. Just seeing him back on the tour for one last year is enough, although of course if he could pick up a title or two as well that would be great.

As a Thiem fan from the options you listed I'd definitely go for winning all the slams at least once.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Fed winning another slam, prob won’t happen but would be great
Isner and Opelka making of deep in the biggest tourneys and Karlovic just being able to advance a few rounds in the biggest tourneys

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I would take 2 USO for Novak. Even though DCGS would be amazing, 2 slams is still 2 slams. And Novak should have more USO titles anyway, he's had bad luck there in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts