Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is the first thread I'm opening so I apologize for any mistakes.

What would be more of a surprise? Cilic winning the US Open 2014 OR him repeating as a champion in 2015?

·
Registered
536 Posts
His win last year would remain more surprising because it came out of nowhere.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Hey guys, this is the first thread I'm opening so I apologize for any mistakes.

What would be more of a surprise? Cilic winning the US Open 2014 OR him repeating as a champion in 2015?
Whoever among the top seeds (Murray or Nishi or Stan) will be placed in Fedal' half, will have a great chance to make USO'15 final without breaking a sweat, because all other contenders and dark horses including Cilic will be in Djokovic' half.

Cilic winning from Djokovic/Stanimal half would be a bigger surprise because you can't get past Djokovic and Stanimal at USO/AO in quick three or four sets as past Olderer and Berdych.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts
Whoever among the top seeds (Murray or Nishi or Stan) will be placed in Fedal' half, will have a great chance to make USO'15 final without breaking a sweat, because all other contenders and dark horses including Cilic will be in Djokovic' half.
Man, you're relentless with this draw rigging stuff.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
2014 for sure. Nobody sees him repeating that miracle performance, but noone was even thinking about it in the first place before it happened.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Will you EVER stop with that bullshit?! 99% of the MTF forum hates you!!!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
As I said more than once, the moment Nadal lands in Djokovic half at USO/AO/Wimb. with the majority of contenders in the other half instead of Djokovic' or at least 50/50, I will stop taking into consideration these simple but very important facts.

HC Stanimal can stay with Djokovic for the 7th and the 8th consecutive time next USO and AO, I don't care, but let Nadal be in their half just once, instead of Olderer's contenders-free USO/AO/Wimb. half, per favor, no.

I know it would be too much to ask it from KIA at AO, now that The friend of AO is not doing that great, but Nike could Just do it this USO easily, because they can still fix the draw for the elder Nikerer anyway, as at the last USO without Nikedal therein .

So, what would be more of a surprise, Cilic winning USO'14, USO'15 for the second time or Nadal landing in Djokovic half at USO/AO/Wimb. next USO or AO for the first time since USO'07 ?

I'd say the latter, by far.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
It would be very surprising for him to win again this year, but not more surprising than his original win. On MTF he will at least be in the poll for "WWW US Open?" and might have a couple of votes, where as last year even the boldest of the bold predictions was for him to simply reach the final.

There will be some expectation on him and people always give the defending champion a shot. Last year he wasn't really on anyone's radar as a threat for the title.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
It couldn't possibly be more shocking than last year. Even now, there's still a strong feeling of 'wtf' regarding that US Open.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
As I said more than once, the moment Nadal lands in Djokovic half at USO/AO/Wimb. with the majority of contenders in the other half instead of Djokovic' or at least 50/50, I will stop taking into consideration these simple but very important facts.

HC Stanimal can stay with Djokovic for the 7th and the 8th consecutive time next USO and AO, I don't care, but let Nadal be in their half just once, instead of Olderer's contenders-free USO/AO/Wimb. half, per favor, no.

I know it would be too much to ask it from KIA at AO, now that The friend of AO is not doing that great, but Nike could Just do it this USO easily, because they can still fix the draw for the elder Nikerer anyway, as at the last USO without Nikedal therein .

So, what would be more of a surprise, Cilic winning USO'14, USO'15 for the second time or Nadal landing in Djokovic half at USO/AO/Wimb. next USO or AO for the first time since USO'07 ?

I'd say the latter, by far.
So this year's Wimbledon was rigged as well? Looking at the draw, you can see: Murray>Stan on grass, Murray landed in Fed's half. Djokovic got Nishikori in QF, another possible contender was his lapdog Cilic. Fed got Berdych, another possible one was Simon. The other tough opponents in Djokovic's half were Raonic with broken foot and Kyrgios. In Fed's half he had Tsonga, Nadal. You couldn't have known that Anderson would beat his blandness, he had been finalist at Queens, wow, so was Seppi in Halle or Samwell in Nothingham.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
So this year's Wimbledon was rigged as well? Looking at the draw, you can see: Murray>Stan on grass, Murray landed in Fed's half. Djokovic got Nishikori in QF, another possible contender was his lapdog Cilic. Fed got Berdych, another possible one was Simon. The other tough opponents in Djokovic's half were Raonic with broken foot and Kyrgios. In Fed's half he had Tsonga, Nadal. You couldn't have known that Anderson would beat his blandness, he had been finalist at Queens, wow, so was Seppi in Halle or Samwell in Nothingham.
Nadal landing in Federer's half was 50%, injured Ferrer in Federer's half 50%, Nadal landing in Ferrer's part 50%, Cilic (together with Nadal, Dimitrov, Simon in 9-12 group) landed in Djokovic half 50% Djokovic' quarter 50%.

Multiplying just those probabilities we get less than 5%.

Nadal no. 10 with the easiest way to QF, yep, just lucky again.

Regretfully he couldn't get Zeballos or J.Souza instead of Troicki for the 3R, because they were not the seeds 21-24 and Troicki was the best choice among Gasquet, Karlovic and L.Mayer.

Too bad there was Dustin the Dreadful Dreadlocks, too.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
As a matter of fact this bloke has more credits than u, and I hate you.:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts