Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Gasquet vs Murray

Votes: 20 19.4%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what Wimbledon final do you personally want to see?

- Djokovic vs Federer for the rematch of last year's final and history on the line for Federer's possible 18th grand slam?

- Djokovic vs Murray for the rematch of 2013 Wimbledon Final and finally settle the debate on MTF who is truly the better grass court player?

- Federer vs Gasquet for the battle of 1-handed backhands. Fed vs Baby Fed former. Will the latter finally realise his potential back in 2005 when he beat Federer at MC while looking for revenge for the Wimby 2007 SF encounter?

- Murray vs Gasquet for the redemption for Gasquet's heartbreak back in Wimbledon 2008 2-0 lead loss?

·
Registered
298 Posts
djokovic federer is without a doubt the best. these two bring out the best in each other, while djoko murray is like scratching a chalkboard. gasquet will just get blown out.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Djoko-Fed is usually the most exciting, and high quality match-up. But I actually want to see Djokovic-Murray, because I'd like to see how Novak fares against Andy on grass. Also, we already had Djokovic-Federer last year and it would be lame to have a less exciting repeat of last year's final. If Djokovic could beat Murray in the final it would also mean that he has beaten all of the Big 4 in a Wimbledon final.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gasquet-Murray and Gasquet wins final for save the tennis.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm cheering for Fed against Murray.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic vs Federer with Novak winning 3-0, i.e. no choking this time like last year.

Don't want Murray since there will be obvious cheating by umpires (time violations, foot faults, incorrect line calls, ...) for Murray, if he is in the final.

·
6,482 Posts
Djokoray by far, even if Murray is a trickier opponent in some ways for Novak.
And I don't want to see Federer lifting that trophy, so prefer he is gone prior to the Final.

·
Your visions will happen
48,648 Posts
Murray Gasquet, duh

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Gasquet beating Djokovic in 5. Murray beating Federer in 4, and then Gasquet winning the final in a long 5th having been 0-2 in sets would be the best story from an objective point of view I think, despite my personal favouritism.

·
Registered
84 Posts
before the quarters started I wanted either stan v fed or stan v murray. boo gasquet. so I'll swap him in instead, even if the idea of him being competitive in the final after beating djokovic in what would be a 5 setter would be more of a miracle than him beating djokovic in the first place.

federer - djokovic would be 1st if I thought the former could win.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Djoko-Fed is usually the most exciting, and high quality match-up. But I actually want to see Djokovic-Murray, because I'd like to see how Novak fares against Andy on grass. Also, we already had Djokovic-Federer last year and it would be lame to have a less exciting repeat of last year's final. If Djokovic could beat Murray in the final it would also mean that he has beaten all of the Big 4 in a Wimbledon final.
Including himself :lol:

OT, definitely Novak-Fed.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Federer-Djokovic is the most probable IMO. Murray's strongest test will be against Federer, not Djokovic, as he has already made short work of the Serb in 2013, but usually struggles against Federer. Neither Federer-Djokovic nor Murray-Djokovic have a favorite.

Gasquet is only there to make the numbers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts