Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 2007 is now over so now it's a couple of months off for Tomas in the off season. What do you think his end of year 2008 ranking will be?

I want it to be top 5...but I am going to say he will finish the year 6th on the ATP rankings. :)

What do you guys think? :wavey:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Ouch. Well, this hasn't been the best of years so far. But there are still many more months to come :dance:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Things are not looking good so far, unfortunately. Tomas needs to get rid of his coach and is jelly-ish mental "fortitude". Way too much talented to zone out of the top5.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Berdych needs to improve his movement, which I am not sure he is able to, otherwise he will end up being a solid top 20 player, nothing more.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Such a shame, if it was the injury that did it. I haven't been able to watch any of his matches lately :shrug:

·
Registered
259 Posts
He always moved poorly. That's why Davydenko keeps beating him on every occasion.
I know it must be tough for a tall guy he is, but unless he improves it there is no way he could climb the ranks and be a solid top 10 or even top 5 player.
In women's tennis it's possible to outhit other players even if your movement sucks, but on ATP that's practically impossible. This is the area where Berdych needs to work the most.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts