Mens Tennis Forums banner

What will Novak win in 2008?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, having seen Federer's awful form on hardcourt and his inevitable decline from dominance, and Nadal's even worse form (which, make no mistake, will *certainly* carry over on to clay and grass (his movement has really dropped)), I am going to predict that Novak will win FO, Wimbledon, and USO, as well as the Olympic gold.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Personally, having seen Federer's awful form on hardcourt and his inevitable decline from dominance, and Nadal's even worse form (which, make no mistake, will *certainly* carry over on to clay and grass (his movement has really dropped)), I am going to predict that Novak will win FO, Wimbledon, and USO, as well as the Olympic gold.
Didn't you already make this thread in January?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Tennis is so confusing right now.

Stakhovsky and Darcis are winning indoor titles, Roddick beat Nadal, Federer has won 5 matches all year....

I miss the simplicity of 2006. Nadal won on clay, Federer won pretty much everything else and we all knew where we were :)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't you already make this thread in January?
No, the old thread was a prediction that he'd win the Grand Slam. This is a poll where people can vote on what specific tournaments they think he will win.

You are free to vote. ;)

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I prefered it back in 2000 when everybody was winning different stuff. It was class. 2004 and prior was brilliant.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
for sure its gonna be more than Nadal.

but lets get to it one by one.

So far he won AO
and now Dubai is at hand.

Indian Wells and Miami- He's the favorite

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I think he is going to win every single tournament that he enters for the rest of the year- because he is the most awesome, charming player ever!!! :hearts: So just put up his scheudle because he will win it all. :D :D

Good to know that Rafa and Federer are the only players he ever would have to worry about- thanks for clearing that up. :)

Seriously- I think he has a good chance to defend his points form IW (and maybe get the win) and Miami but I am not ready to put Roger down as a has been who will never beat Nole again. Nole's confidence is sky high now- and it is up to the other players to figure out what to do with him.

I am not ready to pencil him in for the win at the FO- I would be curious to see what he would do against an Almagro for exmaple and and until I see Rafa and Feds play on the dirt- I am not ready to say that they are done on the surface.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
I think he is going to win every single tournament that he enters for the rest of the year- because he is the most awesome, charming player ever!!! :hearts: So just put up his scheudle because he will win it all. :D :D

Good to know that Rafa and Federer are the only players he ever would have to worry about- thanks for clearing that up. :)
Who says he's worried about Rafa and Federer?? He'll win everything on hc, clay, grass and indoor. Rafa and Roger are merely fading bleeps on his radar.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I think he will win USO and maybe Olympic gold too just to piss Federer off.

FO and Wimby...???

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Who says he's worried about Rafa and Federer?? He'll win everything on hc, clay, grass and indoor. Rafa and Roger are merely a fading bleep on his radar.
Yeah, they're done, careers are over, they should retire immediately... if only to avoid the eternal humiliation of losing everything to Djoko from now on! :p

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Tennis is so confusing right now.

Stakhovsky and Darcis are winning indoor titles, Roddick beat Nadal, Federer has won 5 matches all year....

I miss the simplicity of 2006. Nadal won on clay, Federer won pretty much everything else and we all knew where we were :)
hahahaha God, this is sooo funny ;))))))

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
enter ezekiel mode

I agree with you 100%.

He will have a golden slam in one year, achieve something that all tennis great never achieved.

end ezekiel mode

1 - 20 of 71 Posts