Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He looked so great on grass in Queens and Eastbourne and actually has a good draw in Wimbledon.

Can he reach at least another quarterfinal?

Seeded 19th he's gotta play:

1st round: Yuichi Sugita
2nd round: Falla or Pavic
3rd round: Isner (9) ??
4th round: Wawrinka (5) ??
QF: Federer (4) ??

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is the only top-player playing seurf-and-volley, isn't he??

Reached the quarterfinal in Wimbledon 3 times: 2005, 2008, 2011.

And 2014 could be his greatest grass-court-season ever ...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He just had his best Roland Garros performance ever and is probebly playin the best tennis of this career. Watch out for him!

But yes.. he might be empty after these two weeks ...

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
if he takes few tips from judy murray he can go far.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sugita should be a nice way to ease himself into the tournament after Eastbourne. He should feel confident against Falla/Pavic too, even if all the matches lately are catching up on him physically. As I write, he's at 6-5 final set with Gasquet, having just broken. If he were to go on to win then he would no doubt have a big mental boost to help him get over any physical issues.

Isner never really impresses at Wimbledon, best result being R2 so I don't think that's necessarily a huge hurdle, certainly not impassable. It awaits to be seen what form Wawrinka is in or who would actually take him out before R4. In any case I don't think it wouldn't be a huge shock if Lopez made the QFs.

R3 has to be a minimum for Lopez with QF being the realistic peak of his ambitions.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think 4R or QF, will lose against a swiss I think

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Good draw for reaching another QF, but I can't see him beating Fed in any scenario.

Playing 2 weeks in a row before Wimbledon could lead to some fatigue though.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
QF most probably as his draw is very nice but who knows he has been playing some great tennis on grass maybe he can even reach the semis if Fed does not bring his best.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
He is losing to Isner. I know Isner isn't a good grass courter, but Lopez will be too tired mentally after so much tennis to hang on in an all-serve fest with a fresh Isner.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Andre♥;23300730 said:
He is losing to Isner. I know Isner isn't a good grass courter, but Lopez will be too tired mentally after so much tennis to hang on in an all-serve fest with a fresh Isner.
Isner sucks on grass I doubt he even makes it to the 3d round. And Lopez is one of the fittest on the tour, fatigue is not an issue.

·
23,063 Posts
I am not exactly sure if mental fatigue would be exactly a problem. He seems to be really pumped up these past two weeks, that I think he may want to keep racking up points on his best surface this year. It might be hard around the 3rd Round but I think it is still doable to reach the QF IMO (although if he does face Stan I hope it won't be a beating. :lol:)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts