Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that IW has finished, and Miami is likely to have a similar is not exact result, we must now look to the clay season.

Can nadal continue his absolute domination?

Can Federer defend his points, remember that he won H-burg, finals in RG, and finals in mc

What can djokovic do on the clay? can he translate his fine play there or is he a clay mug?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Djokovic is not clay mug by any means. Semis and 1/4 at RG last two years (both times losing to Nadal) is not mug. :)

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Nole will win 2 MS forsure, Mugo will win 1. Federer will suck. Nadal will be a pig and Fish will be a god.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Actually no one is entitled to win any events. The ATP is dog eat dog world. The most fit, motivated wins the day.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Why can't the WTA be a... 03-24-2008 12:13 AM Branimir Hahaha. But you would suck his dick anyway, wouldn't you?

No

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
IMO Nadal still wins the events he owns: Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Italian Open and French Open

he might struggle more that the last 3 years - in the sense that he might lose a set every 2-3 rounds

Nole will make a few Semis and maybe a Final

Federer will bomb at QF's and less and tell us he cares more about Wimbledon anyway

Murray - i'm saying nothing :tape:

Roddick - 1st and 2nd rounds

the dark horses will be Almagro and Monaco.

Why can't the WTA be a... 03-24-2008 12:13 AM Branimir Hahaha. But you would suck his dick anyway, wouldn't you?

No
:eek::mad: Bran

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
IMO Nadal still wins the events he owns: Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Italian Open and French Open

he might struggle more that the last 3 years - in the sense that he might lose a set every 2-3 rounds

Federer will bomb at QF's and less and tell us he cares more about Wimbledon anyway

i like your style of thinking.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

Murray will do well, I promise you :kiss:.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Haas will win get to the RG final and withdraw with a stubbed toe.

Reactions: Aurora

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
So confident that i just went and put $1 v-cash on Rafa to win Roland Garros (and covered with $1 on Almagro and Monaco just incase Rafa slips up)

with Blaze taking up the first 10 or so bets :lol:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Here's my prediction, but bear in mind that my predictions are almost always wrong:

Nadal wins Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome and the trot but is sensible enough to drop out of Hamburg. He then proceeds to win Roland Garros.

Federer wins Estoril, loses early at Monte Carlo, makes the quarters of Rome and wins Hamburg. Then makes it to the semis of RG before losing to Nadal (who'll only be the third seed at this point!).

Djokovic is the losing finalist of Monte Carlo, makes the semis of Rome and the semis of Hamburg. He's the #2 seed for RG and makes it to the semis.

After RG the race for #1 will be almost even between the top 3.

·
Banned
74 Posts
im pretty sure that during clay season they will play touraments on clay, there will be one winner at each event and 31, 63 or 127 losers (depends on the event) other than that no one knows.

·
Registered
810 Posts
hey, newsflash everyone: Federer ain't winnin nothin on clay this year or making any clay-slam finals...

the guy who hasn't made a hardcourt final yet, three months into the year, who is struggling with movement and fitness and dropping his groundies in the middle of the court like Nadal does on an off-day is NOT defending all those clay points...

...please...

...and, I don't deny that the mono has something (a lot?) to do with it, but the why doesn't matter...the "it" is that Federer is not himself and full-speed Fed was a distant second to Nadal on clay...he is a shell of himself, and at anything less than fullspeed, his game ain't winnin' anything on that red clay...

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
hey, newsflash everyone: Federer ain't winnin nothin on clay this year or making any clay-slam finals...

the guy who hasn't made a hardcourt final yet, three months into the year, who is struggling with movement and fitness and dropping his groundies in the middle of the court like Nadal does on an off-day is NOT defending all those clay points...

...please...

...and, I don't deny that the mono has something (a lot?) to do with it, but the why doesn't matter...the "it" is that Federer is not himself and full-speed Fed was a distant second to Nadal on clay...he is a shell of himself, and at anything less than fullspeed, his game ain't winnin' anything on that red clay...
you may end up being right if the effects of this damn ilness linger on. i am already predicting that he will withdraw from Miami Masters and go get some rest to recover for the long grueling clay season coming right up.

we need more info. lest see what happens in Miami.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts