Mens Tennis Forums banner

What Tournament Will Federer Claim As His First Title For 2008?

• Estoril

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • Monte Carlo

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Rome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamburg

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • French Open

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Halle

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Wimbledon

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 7.5%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 is now the year Federer has gone for the longest period without yet winning a title in his career since he won his first title in January 2001 in Milan.

What tournament do you think Federer will most likely claim as his first title this year?

Will it be his next tournament in Estoril where the only other top player entered is Nikolay Davydenko or could he potentially have to wait until Halle' or beyond to claim his first title as players like Nadal, Djokovic, Davydenko and Nalbandian will claim the significant clay court tournaments?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
mediter said Basel, i trust his flawless theory

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
As usual these opinion threads based on one players slump will never have an answer. I havent been watching tennis for decades but I can tell that slumps dont happen that fast. You dont win Slams one year and lose to Fish and Roddick the next year. Why do people expect no response from federer?

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Mug of the month for March, its already been.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
The next one.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
When Escude & Elesar decide to. That means almost never:)

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
It's 2008, so loses early in Estoril, wins Monte Carlo, loses to Seppi in Italy, withdraws from Hamburg, wins the French Open?

An actual answer? Eh...who really knows?

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Estoril. If he bails out there early, the entry list not being THAT strong IMHO, I'll really start to worry about him. ;)

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
To be honest I don't think he will win a claycourt title this year. I am picking Halle for his first win - when he gets back on the grass he might wake up so to speak.

Laughing at TheBoiledEgg! You never know if he crashes out early at the French he might just enter there. Lol!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts