Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's liked the 2 week break with no warm-up. Can use the early rounds as sufficient warm-up because general grass court opposition for him is so minimal.

But now 3 weeks...changes the scope for him a bit. Dare he play a warm-up event as Nadal has committed to Queens Club?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Probably depends on the paycheck. Queens likely won't pay him much since they already have Nadal, Murray and a few other top players which should be sufficient as major draws from their POV.

Halle may have spare money after the contract with Nadal expired; they got Berdych already now, who may have come cheaper. From the preparation POV - he has often not played prep tournaments (also before AO), so would probably not feel compelled despite the additional week.

·
Premium Member
21,956 Posts
He's liked the 2 week break with no warm-up. Can use the early rounds as sufficient warm-up because general grass court opposition for him is so minimal.

But now 3 weeks...changes the scope for him a bit. Dare he play a warm-up event as Nadal has committed to Queens Club?
He was usually playing Boodles exo, not sure about this year though.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I don't think Novak should play a warm up tournament. He's won it twice and made 3 finals without it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I don't think it will make a big difference either way.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
All he has to do is turn up on the day and win.

·
Your visions will happen
52,921 Posts
Rosmalen? Really? The week right after RG where he is making deep in 2nd week? Does not make much sense

Nole has enough money, he ought to play Queens or Halle if he wants to

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I think it will depend on RG. Assuming he will make at least the SF and probably the finals, he could always play Halle half-assed and just tank the QF of something to get a few matches in before a nice rest.

The 3 weeks does make it a bit more dangerous now because other players may have quite a few matches under their belt and give them that extra bit of confidence and comfortability. I doubt Nole needs it though with his grass results the past few years, but you never know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts