Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO it's close between Ferrer and Raonic. Despite the 3rd set was easier, I'm going with Raonic's one, cause Nole was more close to losing in 2 vs. Raonic.

Final vs. Nadal was pretty much the same as the match vs. Kohli. Started bad, many errors, came back and had his chances, but couldn't won the set, but won the next 2 pretty easily.

So, from the hardest to easiest:

Raonic
Ferrer
Nadal = Kohli
Stepanek

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Raonic was a tough opponent. He won the this comfortably, but the first two sets went right down to the wire. He stated very poorly in his matches though which is a worry.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
His lack of play and his wrist. He played solid throughout the tournament, but even in the final was not his absolute best.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I reckon he was getting worried in that second tiebreak against Raonic. As far as I can remember, Raonic could have served out the win, but made a bad unforced error to put the tiebreak back on serve, and Djokovic took command from there.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
His lack of play and his wrist. He played solid throughout the tournament, but even in the final was not his absolute best.
That's true. He was his biggest opponent. It was on his racket for sure, shame he still choked a bit. But it was still enough to win :worship:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Hitting two decent volleys in a row.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I think Rafa is the easiest opponent right now for Nole. He has more trouble with big servers like Raonic or Isner.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Hitting two decent volleys in a row.
Haha gotta admit this made me chuckle. I hold my breath every time he comes to the net :p

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Ferrer pushed Djokovic hard, but I don't think anybody ever had any doubt what the outcome would be in the end. Djokovic had it under control throughout.

In contrast, in Raonic's case, the match was basically on Milos' racket in the 2nd set TB. Djokovic was lucky to survive it and may not have if Milos had more confidence/experience in those moments.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
atleast no issue. in RG everyone will be on the baseline.
He can play some amazing points at the net but for some reason he keeps coming into the net at silly moments.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Ferrer was more difficult, it took some off moments from Ferrer for Djokovic to actually claim the match.

Ferrer pushed Djokovic hard, but I don't think anybody ever had any doubt what the outcome would be in the end. Djokovic had it under control throughout.

In contrast, in Raonic's case, the match was basically on Milos' racket in the 2nd set TB. Djokovic was lucky to survive it and may not have if Milos had more confidence/experience in those moments.
Lol, it was Djokovic who kept keeping Raonic in the tiebreak making unnecessary errors after leading. Djokovic wasn't really challenged on serve.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts