Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
2019 Wimbledon Djokovic d. Federer (pulled for Federer)
2020 Australian Djokovic d. Thiem (pulled for Thiem)
2020 US Open Thiem d. Zverev (pulled for Thiem, so happy!)

on the women's side:

2003 US Open Henin d. Capriati (pulled for Capriati)
2005 Wimbledon Venus d. Davenport (pulled for Davenport)

All of those made me physically sick and super dejected for days.

·
Registered
15,545 Posts
on the women's side:

2003 US Open Henin d. Capriati (pulled for Capriati)
2005 Wimbledon Venus d. Davenport (pulled for Davenport)

All of those made me physically sick and super dejected for days.
GM is only for men's tennis.
Any female tennis related discussions (except maybe comparisons for some top players or tour depth) you are good to go in this topic:
Wtaw - (Gen. WTA discussion) [Volume VI]
or to tennisforum.com

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
It could yeah, but AO 12 was so exhausting I didn't even have the strength to be gutted lol. Also worth saying I hadn't hoped at all Rafa would win that one, as I considered Djoko an absolute favorite, but as usual, whenever that happens Rafa proves me wrong.

I remember 4-2 30-0 and a routinely missed BH that could've made all the difference, it hurt, though ultimately it wasn't the question of whether Rafa lost to a better player, just the one of personal experience of his loss.

Funny how Fed couldn't produce something like 5th set AO performance vs Djoko at Wimbledon, if he did it last year he'd win for sure.
Yes that godamn missed BH passing shot DTL seemed to be the shot that the entire match turned on.
I feel dread just remembering it.
The AO close losses are the worst 'cause they're in the early early morning (for me anyway) after having either stayed up all night or gotten up in the middle of the night, so I'm already weary, drained etc. They are SO wroth it if he wins, and so NOT worth when he loses.

And yeah, good observation about Fed at Wimb 19 not as clutch as Fed AO 17, I think it has more to do with how well he's serving actually.

·
6,413 Posts
Most French Open losses made me feel ill.
But 2014 watching Nole spewing on court, made me feel similarly sick to the stomach.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Murray losing to Mischa Zverev at the Aus Open 2017 was heartbreaking. When I saw Djokovic had been knocked out by Istomin I was licking my lips. On hindsight it wasn't as bad because he would've had to beat Federer, Wawrinka, and Nadal to win which would've been an extremely difficult task. His run at the second half of the 2016 season was so taxing on him as well so it wasn't surprsing to see him knocked out in the fourth round.

·
10,790 Posts
Del Potro shattered knee Shanghai 2018.

Del Potro Wimbledon 2013 SF vs.Djokovic

Del Potro Wimbledon 2018 QF vs. Nadal

Del Potro US Open 2018 F vs. Djokovic -

To be fair I still applauded Djokovic and Nadal respectively, but its such a shame that he has always played a peaking Big 3 guy and been denied greatness.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Not sure, but the Tomic-Fognini Chengdu final can definitely cure cancer.

·
Premium Member
8,956 Posts
World tour finals 2017 for sure, the death of tennis as we speak, easily the most ill I've ever felt, that week alone almost killed me completely, needed months to recover from this.

US Open 2015, one of the biggest chokejobs in Federer's career, I can't even recollect my thoughts on this because I'd be banned but that pusher made me rage so hard, left me with a vile heart and years of recovering after that.

Parisbas 2010 against Monfils, by the time the match finished I killed the tv with the remote, absolute travesty of a match how that pusher won.

Plenty more that gave me insomnia and sickness but most were when I was enjoying my vacation or had other things in life so I could recover rather fast from the meltdowns.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Parisbas 2010 against Monfils, by the time the match finished I killed the tv with the remote, absolute travesty of a match how that pusher won.
No excuse for Federer losing this on the quicker courts of the last 15 years, at least this allowed Soderling to win the final, as he would have lost to Federer.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
40-15. When an underdog has victory in hand and then loses, it’s just so deflating as a fan. I’m not even a Fed fan, but I was on that day wanting to see an old player win one more time.

The Novak-Rafa 5 setter at Wimbledon with the roof was a tough one too.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Does priapism count?

Wawrinka def. Djokovic USO 2019
Wawrinka def. Djokovic USO 2016
Wawrinka def. Djokovic RG 2015
Wawrinka def. Djokovic AO 2014

and most recently:

Carreno-Busta def Djokovic USO 2020

·
Super Moderator
7,590 Posts
Recent matches... I remember Rafa v Goffin in London 2017. That one was painful to watch. I believe Rafa was injured, or both? Not sure about that. But it was just terrible all around.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
-Safin vs Robredo RG 2005. That's around the time his knee injury ruined his career, he was still playing well though and I thought he could have gone all the way. Won a great match against Ferrero the round before.

-Nalbandian vs Baghdatis 2006. Golden chance to win a slam and choked a 2-0 set lead and a 4-2 in the fifth. Played awful in that last set, terrible choke. Could be mentioned the match against Roddick in USO 2003 where he was robbed but he was injured so would have lost the final anyway.

-Djokovic vs Nadal RG 2013. Well, Thank God for 2016 because that was ridiculous.

-Muller vs Karlovic Newport 2016. Muller was 33 and it looked like his last chance to win an ATP title, he choked a match point and other good opportunities and ended up losing. Fortunately, he still got his titles and even added another title beating Karlovic himself.

-Del Potro vs Murray Olympics final. He should have taken that match to a 5th. Fortunately, he got revenge in the Davis Cup a month later.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
2010 FO QF: Rogie's 23 consecutive GS SFs was snapped with a loss to Sodie, I threw up, felt not well, and called in sick that day from work, early June 2010 it was!!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
AO17 final for me too. Watched it live while sick at 4 in the morning on the US east coast and haven’t watched a live AO night session since. Absolutely miserable experience. I think the match might have actually worsened my symptoms.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts