Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember watching hamburg 96' the roberto carretero run, one of the first atp tournaments I ever saw.. dont remember well if I watched another tournament earlier than that, probably some of the sampras vs agassi matches on 94/95 (given I was only 8-9 years old) season but back then didnt put attention to the whole match.

What was yours?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Probably some Sampras-Agassi back when I was 10.

I don't really remember.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I don't really remember.
USO FInal 2002? :worship:

Woul have loved to watch lendl play on his prime, sadly he was peaking when I was too little :(

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
RG 2003 is the first one that I remember clearly watching. Then I saw Federer play at Wimbledon 2003 and I immediately liked his game, have cheered for him ever since.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
The first one I can remember is Becker-Stich Wimbledon 1991 but it's not ATP though.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Must have been at Queens, but I have no idea what year. I watched whatever was available on the BBC since the 1950s, which was pretty much just Queens, Eastbourne and Wimbledon. Queens is the only ATP there. I have only watched any others since I got broadband in 2005 - have you tried watching a livestream on PAYG internet :lol:

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I wish I knew. But I remember the first time I saw a tennis match on tv. I was something like 5 or 6. My father wanted to see a football match and tuned in on Eurosport. One of the football teams didn't show up so Eurosport showed a taped tennis match. It was a tournament from the USA (might have been IW or Miami). I remember asking my dad about the bizzare scoring system.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
ITF, but nevertheless, RG 1984, including the epic McEnroe-Lendl final

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
2004 Rg

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

I don't really remember.
USO 2002

On Eurosport, watched it with my father

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Safin vs Federer AO 2005 but i only saw something like 2 sets, 2 sets and a half from it, i don't remeber to be watching the final though. But i'd say i started watching tennis from RG 2005, there i watched more matches and i started following tennis since on a regular basis

Edit: now that i'm thinking better i definetly watched some davis cup matches of Romania in 2004 but i wouldn't really count it

·
Registered
288 Posts
First match was Hlasek-Mayotte, but I'm not sure who won (I think Hlasek) or which tournament it was. It was on hardcourt or carpet. Masters '88 is the most likely one, as I am quite certain having seen Lendl play there as well and it was a tournament that was likely to be televised. I was about thirteen years old.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
ATP Tour tournament? That's only from 1990 on, so this one, I think...:)

Or it could have been Indian Wells, I remember it was Edberg and Agassi. But I think it was this one as I seem to recall Agassi winning.

Still, that is a lot of years after the first tournament I watched on TV. ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
767 Posts
first match, the 2003 french open final, then i liked it, i saw live my complete tv touurnament at US Open 2003 and the victory of my little boy roddick :cheerleader:

then i've followed for years the tournaments where federer, haas, hewitt, agassi and roddick have been and are :angel:

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Ivanisevic, Wimbledon 2001.

But it wasn't until 2004 that I really became hooked on the game.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts