Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite his great form during ao09, I think wim13 was a much better chance. He was calm, experienced and more consistent during that wimby. The way he crushed Gulbis was :eek:. He had brilliant chance in 4th set against Murray but came short. He would have str8setted janowcz in sf. As for the final..He definitely would have a better chance against tired and mentally empty djoko than against peak fed from ao09. Djoko is good matchup for him..

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I disagree with you, that Murray Wimbledon match showed that Verdasco did not have the guts at that event, regardless of form

Australian Open 2009 he played great tennis, both mental and physical, and nearly scraped by Nadal. I think he would have had great chances against Roger in the final

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Federer would have dismantled him in the 2009 AO final. But it would still be a greater chance than a Wimbledon final :spit:

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Federer would have dismantled him in the 2009 AO final. But it would still be a greater chance than a Wimbledon final :spit:
Fernie is underrated on grass. Powerful 1st serve + good slice is a good basis!

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
verdaco wouldn't have beaten Federer in slam final in zillion years, after 5 hour semi final not even in 2 zillion years

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
RG 15. Shame he lost to Becker after winning 6-1 6-0. :shrug:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Disgusting poll... like most real Spanish players, he had no chance of winning a slam

·
Registered
17,914 Posts
Disgusting pool... like most real Spanish players, he had no chance of winning a slam
So there is one unreal Spanish player, after all. I got it :devil:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
AO 2009 is the only time he has ever really looked like a threat. He looked like he meant business in the lead up to that grand slam, and had a lot of swagger. Despite a few other good runs here and there, he would have needed the draw to open up, whereas at AO 2009 there was the sense that he could have a crack at anyone.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
He wouldn't have a strong chance of winning Wimbledon, but yes, definitely better than the AO 2009 one since he was NEVER beating Federer in a slam final.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
So there is one unreal Spanish player, after all. I got it :devil:
The fake Pharaoh will never be respected as a slam winner by me. I have respect for Ferrer for winning the French Open since his opponent cheated :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts