Votes: 6 60.0%
  • RG 2020

Votes: 4 40.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US Open 2020 final was messy with quality being subpar at best, but extremely dramatic to the very end. You couldn't expect the winner of it even before the last point.

RG 2020 final had way better quality, but was fully dominated by one player and his win was inevitable from the beginning to the end.

Your thoughts? Do big 3 members matches always have to be automatically better to watch than others? Is it good for tennis to see them almost everytime in finals?

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I'll take drama over quality any day. USO final was so refreshing seeing two guys so nervy and desperate at the end.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is also the question if you prefer better quality, or drama, emotions on court. Of course why not having both. But those matches were lacking one of this aspects which create epic matches.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I enjoyed both, but USO20 was a more exciting match and it was nice to see other players in a slam final.

FO20 was great, because of a brilliant Nadal teaching Djokovic a lesson or two on clay. Even Mats Wilander, who glorifies every match, said the final didn't deliver as much.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
good question of drama vs. quality really

Although Zed's quality for 2 sets was pretty dang good

but Thiem in the clutch >

·
Your visions will happen
49,306 Posts
USO was really mentally exhausting, and the level was really bad

This was a masterclass, at least from one player, and much shorter in length so I can actually do things in the day before the NBA tonight

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I always prefer quality over drama,as every true tennis fan should.

So,i would love to see more like AO20 finals,ofc,instead of beatdowns\drama& UE galore shows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts