Mens Tennis Forums banner

What slam outside of RG improves Nadal's legacy the most?

• Total voters
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
AO + Tour Finals= GOAT 馃悙 , but it doesn't really matter all that much at this point.

Registered
all slams are equal so doesn't matter which one he wins. Personally I want Rafa to win USO next year besides RG to make it 5 USO titles. Most slams won, most RGs and most USOs would make Rafa undisputed goat.

Registered
AO, definitely. Double Career Slam would be a huge achievement and unlikely to be matched since Federer is for sure not winning RG and Djokovic has a chance there but not that big I'd say. Winning USO would make him GOAT in two slams, but Federer already has that achievement too.

Your visions will happen
AO, definitely. Double Career Slam would be a huge achievement and unlikely to be matched since Federer is for sure not winning RG and Djokovic has a chance there but not that big I'd say. Winning USO would make him GOAT in two slams, but Federer already has that achievement too.
I think its actually Wimbledon mate

3 on each surface is unlikely EVER to be surpassed. Only Rosewall has won at least 3 on each surface, in his day Clay, Grass, Wood

Rosewall slams:

Grass- 8
Clay- 6
Wood- 9

Registered
Nadal's legacy is virtually unimprovable already. He only needs winning Basel at least once and complete a Grass Career GS by taking Halle and golden handbag will naturally fall in his hands for Mirka's dispair.

Registered
Still way better than the second language spoken by most Americans, Aussies, Kiwis, Anglo Canadians, Brits, Irish..etc. People from the anglosphere should be the last ones to complain about second language skills of other people...
Many (an awful lot) of them can't even speak intelligible English in the first place...

Registered

3 on each surface is unlikely EVER to be surpassed. Only Rosewall has won at least 3 on each surface, in his day Clay, Grass, Wood

Rosewall slams:

Grass- 8
Clay- 6
Wood- 9
This is a good point. I voted for AO because of the double career grand slam but >= 3 on each surface would be very impressive.

Registered

Rosewall slams:

Grass- 8
Clay- 6
Wood- 9
Yeah, but he would still have "only" one AO. One at his worst slam like Djokovic, Federer, Agassi, etc. I don't think surfaces matter that much because AO and USO are both HC but different slams. It would be a nice statistic but I value more slam distribution than surface distribution. If there were 3 slams and one per surface yeah, that would be a different story.

Registered
It's reaIIy not that compIicated when reaIizing IeveIs of homogenization greatest at USO & why CIaybots aIa ThiedaI perform better there than at AO, up to now showing the most simiIarity to a genuine HC but we'II soon see the effects of Greenset resurfacing in this upcoming AO.

justice for all
1. Balearic Islands Championship - last time he finished as a runner-up with plus 3 strokes behind the winner. On the final day he started strongly with two birdies in the first three holes unfortunately buried his chances for the title making quadruple bogey and another double bogey on the 17th.
2. Zoom Poker tournament on the Pokerstars Facebook app - last time he played a close match vs a very strong pro opponent but eventually lost to the better player Vanessa Selbst. Experts say Rafa has strong mental game (required in poker even more than in tennis) and could have a great poker career after tennis.
3. XII Spanish Big Game Fishing Tournament for trolling - we all know his big love for fishing and how great he can work with his lefty spin. Unfortunately he's yet to make it pro, what a waste of talent.

Registered
To win something no one has ever won before certainly improves Rafa's legacy the most. So.........

1. AO
2. W
3. USO

IMO
Yes, in that order ^^^.

In order I'd say.

1. AO - Would become the only player in the open era to achieve the double career slam.

2. Wimbkedon - Would become the only player in the open era to win at least 3 slams on 3 different surfaces and would cement his place as a grass court great.

3. USO - Would cement his position as one of the all time greats on HC and one of the most successful players at that tournament.
The ^^^ in bold will be unique and solitary achievements. No one has ever achieved both in the open era.

US Open.... he will be sharing that record with three other players. Not really unique.
Wimbledon....he has already won it twice.
AO.....he has won it only once, and it takes priority over Wimbledon.

AO, then Wimbledon, and then US Open. Well, as his fan, I am hoping Rafa will win each of AO, Wimbledon, USO one more time before he retires so that he has at least 2 AOs, 3 Wimbledons, and 5 US Opens.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts